Chapter 24

Lisa

"We have the living room through there, and through here is the kitchen. I have a calendar set up where I write down my shifts, feel free to add yours on there if you want. For the most part, my shifts will follow the two, two, four pattern. So, two days, two nights then four days off. As a result, you might have the house to yourself most of the time." I say a week after my rugby presentation.

It had taken us this long to match up our schedules, so Jennie could come check out the house. We'd been texting all week and I could tell that she was trying to get out of living with me. Somehow, I'd finally got her to agree to come over today.

"Are you sure you want us living here? Surely you're going to want to sleep during the day sometimes and of course I'll keep Ella away but..."

"Jen, don't worry about it. I've gotten used to sleeping with ear plugs during the day. You wouldn't believe how much noise Bambam used to make. And when he snores, I swear the whole house used to rattle."

She chuckles. "You haven't heard Ella yet. For someone so small, she does half sound like a bear when she snores."

"That little cutie, I don't believe it."

"You wait."

And just like that, I've won her around to staying. I do want to have her as a friend but I would be lying big time if I said that I didn't have my sights set on something else.

There was a time when I loved this girl and as a woman, I find myself once again equally enthralled by Jennie Kim. If she needs time, I can give it to her.