Chapter 2 - Doppelgangers and Hidden Secrets

Sleep has always been something that I rarely get to enjoy

Sleep has always been something that I rarely get to enjoy. I get plagued with nightmares of the past. I always have something on mind that never lets me rest easy.

Once I got home from the masquerade, I spent hours trying to sleep but it never came. After a while I gave up and decided to watch TV instead. I do that until my bedroom door burst open and Damon comes storming in.

"Do you not know how to knock?" I scoff, rolling over onto my back but I was still looking at him. I notice Damon's scowl immediately which puts a damper on my mood, "What's wrong, Damon?"

"Elena has disappeared, we think someone has taken her. I know that you don't care about her, but can you help us find her anyway." Damon asked as he paced in front of me.

"Yeah. I will help you, Damon but first I need you to calm down and tell me where Stefan is?"

"Well after he accused me of working with Katherine and being behind the disappearance of Elena, he went to find Bonnie so that she could help us." Damon says as he turns and storms out the room.

"Well, I guess I will meet you downstairs." I mutter out before getting up and dressed.

By the time I got downstairs, Stefan had returned with Bonnie and the boy that had interrupted me the night before

By the time I got downstairs, Stefan had returned with Bonnie and the boy that had interrupted me the night before. I turn to them raising a brow as if I wait for someone to tell me what their plan was, but they continue to bicker between themselves.

"Is someone gonna to fill me in on what the plan is or should I just rescue the girl on my own?" I question, making them stop and look at me.

"We are having difference in opinion on what the plan should be." Damon states before grabbing himself another drink.

"Well why don't we start with finding where she is." I turn to Bonnie, "Can you do a location spell to find her?" Bonnie nods before going towards the table in the room. I then turn to where Damon, Stefan "You two need to at least pretend to be on the same team while we get Elena back." I say before looking at the boy, "and you. Well, who are you exactly?"

"I am Jeremy, Elena's brother."

"Well then you can be of some use. Go help the Bennett witch find your sister."