Chapter 15 - Hybrids and Prophecies

I look around at my surroundings and see nothing but darkness in the dead of night

I look around at my surroundings and see nothing but darkness in the dead of night. I start sprinting forward, going deeper into the forest. I can hear multiple footsteps following after me and I push myself to go faster. I eventually have to slow down than stop too weak to go any further.

I lean against a tree and look down at my stomach. Blood is still rushing out of where I had been stabbed with a stake. I could feel a piece of the stake, still inside me which is stopping me from healing.

I barely had any blood in my system to begin with and all this bleeding wasn't helping me, but I didn't have time to stop like this.

I push myself off the tree and start running again, trying to figure out where to go. I trip over a tree root, stumbling forward and without thinking, a loud cry of terror escapes out my mouth.

I look around quickly before getting up, ignoring all the pain in my body and keep running forward. I can hear my heart beating so loudly in my ears that I battle to hear anything else.

Panic begins to set in, and fear coursed through my veins as I hear the footsteps getting closer, but I keep running. I run with every ounce of strength I could summon as this was the only way I could escape.

I see a clearing up ahead and I push towards it with a final burst of energy. I rush towards it hoping this could be my escape, but I have no idea what I would find. As I reach the clearing, all my hopes slowly fade. All the clearing is, is a dead end.

I turn around quickly, hoping that I could make it out of the clearing before they catch me. As I go to make a run for it, one by one they start to appear into the clearing.

"Please! Just let me go! Please!" I beg but I get silence in return as they walk forward.

Suddenly a sharp pain explodes in my brain causing me to drop to my knees, crying out in pain.

"Stop! I am begging you!" I yell out to them as my tears run down my face.

I hold my hands to my head, trying to focus on siphoning the magic but I am too weak to do it. I look up as a young woman walks towards me with a grace in her step and I know exactly who she is.

"Josephine" I spit out with the blood that is collecting in my mouth. Josephine pulls a stake out from behind her, and she continues to walk towards me.

"Do it. Get it over with. Stick it straight through my heart." I say with a manic smile as I feel my sanity start to slip.

"You shall not die by our hand. It has been declared so by the ancestors." Josephine says in a calm voice.

She stabs the stake through my soft plate of my jaw into my brain which makes me scream out before everything goes black.