Chapter 23 - A Bond of Three

Damon is playing darts and Stefan is sitting at a table in the grill

Damon is playing darts and Stefan is sitting at a table in the grill. Damon hits a bullseye.

"So, let's just say Sage was killing everyone in 1912. Who the hell is doing it now? It's not that psycho, Dr. Fell. She's a woman. There's no way she could stab three grown men." Damon says as he throws another dart, but Rebekah catches it before it reaches the board.

"That's a bit sexist. A woman could easily kill a man, with the right motivation." She says.

"You just, uh, don't give up, do you?" Stefan groans out in frustration.

"Why are you so grumpy?" Rebekah inquires.

"He's on a master cleanse. Trying to be a better man and all." Damon explains as he throws another dart.

Rebekah makes a face at Stefan, "You know, you were a lot more fun in the '20s."

Damon nudges Rebekah with his elbow after her comment, "Don't rile him up. He's testy when he's being self-righteous."

Stefan rolls his eyes at Damon, "I'm not being self-righteous, Damon. I'm just not interested in slaughtering innocent human beings anymore."

"Speaking of. Have either of you heard from your sister since last night?" Rebekah asks them.

Damon and Stefan both turn to her both intrigued and worried.

"No haven't seen her since Esther tried to kill you all. Why?" Stefan asks.

Rebekah stops herself before she says anything, wondering if it was the right move to involve them.

"What has happened with our sister, Rebekah?" Damon asks, narrowing his eyes to her.

"She and my brothers had a huge fight that night and we haven't seen or heard from her since. I am sure she just went back to her friends." Rebekah explains.

Damon hums after she finishes.

"If you know something, spit it out Damon." Rebekah says to him.

"Sheriff told me that they found over 20 dead bodies, deep in the woods. All drained of blood and ripped apart. Apparently, they were carrying heavy vampire hunting weapons." Damon says before he takes a sip from the bottle in his hand.

"How do you know it was Phoebe?" Stefan asks.

"You and Phoebe were on non-speaking terms for a long time but me and Phoebe met up time to time. I have seen her hunt. She enjoys it. All of it. The blood, the ripping people apart for fun. And when she is anger or upset.. I once saw her tear apart a coven of witches, for no reason, and without using her magic or even getting hurt." Damon explains.

"Where are your brothers now if Phoebe is missing?" Damon than asks Rebekah.

"Last time I checked they were trying to find her. But I have spent enough time with Phoebe to know if she doesn't want to be found. She won't be." Rebekah says as she takes the bottle from Damon.