Chapter 6 - Unexpected Intrusions

I set up camp on the couch in the study with a blanket, books and a few blood bags as I decide that with Elena and Stefan leaving town, I could relax

Damon and Andie come walking down the stairs right as I get into the book. They start talking which pulls me out of the book. I try to concentrate on the book, but their talking is too distracting for me to actually follow long in the book. I close the book and look at them over the couch as Damon gives her a scarf to cover the bite mark on her neck.

Andie talks about a writer being in town, writing a book on the town and that piques my interest, so I sit up and listen in.

"Writer? What's his name?" Damon asks.

"Uh, Elijah Smith." Andie says looking at herself in the mirror.

I snort at that which causes her to jump and Damon to looks at me. I give them a small wave and say with a shrug, "Smith is a basic name."

Damon rolls his eyes and fixes Andie's scarf before going over their story with her, compelling her so that she will get it right. This time it was my turn to roll my eyes as I sit back and try to get back to my book.

Damon walks her out before coming back to me but not before grabbing us both a drink. He hands me a glass before taking a seat and grabbing one of my blood bags. I smack his hand, taking it back.

"Have you fallen so far that you have to compel yourself a girlfriend?" I question him with a humorous tone.

"Shut up" He says, snatching the blood bag back, drinking from it.

The front door opens which makes both me and Damon look in that direction but it's only Alaric. He walks through and I look away.

"Just who I was waiting for. John Gilbert gave me this to kill Elijah." Damon says before getting up to grab something from one of the shelves.

His sentences make me freeze and look over to see what he is doing. For some reason him saying he had a way to kill Elijah, makes my heart start beating fast and sick in my stomach.

Damon unrolls a dagger from sort of cloth and says, "Said you have to dip the dagger in the remains of an old white ash tree that dates back to the Originals, if there's any truth in that."

Damon hands the dagger to Alaric and Alaric takes it.

"What if it doesn't work then all you have is a very pissed off Original. One that will kill you." I ask.

"So, you think it's a setup?" Alaric asks me.

I shrug and Damon answers, "It could be. Guy's a weasel. Wouldn't put anything past him."

Needing to change the topic, I lean my head over the couch and ask, "What are you up to today, Mr. Saltzman?"

Damon and Alaric look at me confused but Alaric answers me anyway.