Chapter Three

I wake up with my hair in front of my face. I groaned, not wanting to get out of bed. I knew I had to though, because I needed to help Sam and Dean with the hunt. I slowly raised from the bed, looking sort of like a zombie rising from their grave, and gently swung my legs over my bed. I winced quietly, my leg still hurting from when it was shot and stabbed. I grab my cane that was leaning against the nightstand and force myself up on my feet. I limp over to my dresser, searching through it for a nice outfit for today. I picked out a pair of gray sweat pants, a long-sleeved sort of red and pink shirt, and black ugg boots that go just above my ankle. I put no makeup on my face.

I tie my hair up in a bun before limping down the hall with my cane in my hand and enter the living room, sitting down on the couch to watch some TV. I turn it on, watching the news and keeping an eye out for any strange deaths. Yeah, when you’re a hunter of the supernatural, you always have to keep an eye out for a strange death or occurrence. It kind of sucks, but that’s our job, whether we like it or not.

I sighed, seeing no strange deaths being reported and just started to change through the channels. There was the usual crappy Saturday morning cartoons for the little kids on most of the channels, making me bored out of my mind. I just kept flipping through the channel, checking the time to see it was ten-thirty in the morning. I stopped on one channel when Louis’ band logo appeared on the screen, with the boys hit single “What Makes You Beautiful” playing in the background. Soon a lady popped up on the screen, looking as happy as ever. She had beach blonde hair that was medium length and stopped at her shoulders, with bright brown eyes and very pale skin. Over all, she was pretty.

“Hi, I’m Cathy Morningstar, and today we have some very special guests. One Direction!” she said cheerily as Louis, Niall, Liam, and Zayn walked over to their seats that were next to the desk and sat down. 

I was about to start wondering where Harry was when I remembered he was missing. I frowned sadly; the boys didn’t look the same as a band with out Harry. Zayn had walked on with his cane, and it was the first time that they had really gone out in public since the whole house thing, because they didn’t want the press to find out. I didn’t either, obviously. I hadn’t really seen what the boys looked like either since we haven’t been hanging out much, even though I did see Louis yesterday. They all looked fake happy and broken at the same time. Louis particularly looked a bit lost, not having one of his best mates there even though he had three others with him. 

They all seemed to look a lot better, but I looked at Niall’s sleeve and noticed a very faint outline of the cuts the demon gave him that night. I guess he forgot to cover up one of them. I could faintly see a scar on Zayn’s chest, a part that wasn’t being covered up by his shirt. Yeah, I’m good at finding little things that show that someone is hurt, emotionally or physically. Not everyone can do that, and I’m pretty sure that the paparazzi wouldn’t be able to tell either. I noticed that Zayn was still a little pale, and he almost looked as if he was in pain. Poor Zayn…Louis looked the same as he did yesterday, but instead he was wearing dark blue jeans, a dull white T-shirt, and black converse. His hair was messy – as usual – but he still looked adorable. 

Besides me noticing the faint outline of a cut on his wrist, left from the night that everything happened, Niall looked fine. He wore brown jeans, a green polo, and purple sneakers. His blonde hair was brushed neatly, and his blue eyes were still slightly dull, but looked much brighter than they had in the past few weeks. Zayn was wearing black jeans, a black shirt, a brown leather jacket, and DC shoes. Liam was dressed in his blue plaid shirt, sleeves rolled up to his elbows, and had black jeans and white sneakers on. 

They all slowly sat down on their seats, Louis and Zayn both quietly wincing in pain. I frowned, not liking seeing my friends in pain – especially my boyfriend. They both quickly flashed warm smiles to hide their pain, but the lady seemed to notice Zayn’s cane. I was hoping that she wouldn’t talk about it.