Chapter Nineteen

Alexis’ P.O.V

Dean and I left the small house, Dean carrying an unconscious Zayn on his shoulders. I felt really upset about what had happened to Zayn. He was turned into a vampire, something he never wanted to be. It was my fault. I dragged the boys into this life. The guilt was rising in my chest, and I felt my eyes sting a little as I furiously wiped at them, trying to hold back my tears so that I wouldn’t cry. Dean looked over at me and noticed. He gave me an empathetic look before turning around again and walking again. We reached the edge of the forest and quickly looked around to see if there was anyone around. 

When the coast was clear Dean started to run over to the Impala. I trailed behind him and hurried my pace as he waited at the backseat doors. I got to the backseat door and opened it, letting Dean gently place Zayn in. He grabbed some rope from his bag and tied Zayn’s wrists and ankles together. After that he lied Zayn down and buckled him to the seat as best as he could.

Dean jogged around the car and got into the drivers seat while I got into the passengers seat. We both buckled our seat belts as Dean put the key in the ignition and started to drive off. I sighed and pulled out my phone. I need to tell Sam and the boys what happened. Dean looked over at me as I started to look through my contacts, deciding who I should text first. “What are you doing?” Dean asked. I looked up at him.

“Deciding who I should text first. Sam and the boys need to know.” I replied. Dean sighed, taking my phone out of his hands. He pressed something on the screen and put my phone to his ear. “Hey!” I snapped, wanting my phone back. I had no idea what he was doing. After a few seconds Dean finally spoke.

“Hey, Sam. Hold on, I’m putting this on speaker.” Dean said before hitting the speaker button and handing me the phone. “Hey, so you might want to go into a different room for this.” Dean says.

“Why?” Sam’s voice came through the phone.

“Just do it!” Dean snapped at him. I heard a bit of shuffling but then it all stopped.

“Okay, I’m in their dining room. What do you want?” Sam asked.

“We’ve got Zayn.” Dean said.

“But…” I said slowly. How was I going to explain this? I’m sure that Sam was going to be pissed off. I was surprised that Dean wasn’t though. “The vampire that took him kind of…um…turned him into a vampire.” I stuttered.

“What?” I heard Sam whisper yell.

“Yeah, they turned him. We killed the vampire and Zayn is knocked out in the back seat now. We’re heading to where you guys are. We’ve got the blood so we can make the elixir thing and turn him normal again. We don’t know if Alexis should explain or if you should.”

“How am I supposed to explain that their band-mate was turned into a friggin vampire?” Sam snapped in a hushed tone. I winced, closing my eyes and taking a deep breath.

“How am I supposed to know?” Dean snapped. I sighed, moving a loose piece of my hair behind my ear. “Just…figure something out. We’ll be there in a bit.” Dean said before taking my phone and hanging up, passing it back to me. I sighed sadly as I laid my head against the glass window, watching the lights and cars go by. Dean looked over at me and sighed. “Don’t worry, we’ll cure Zayn.” Dean assured me. I nodded numbly, not really wanting to use my words at the moment.

I closed my eyes and let the memories replay in my mind. Zayn tried to bite me twice! I know he couldn’t control himself, since he was just turned and he was weak, so I’m not mad at him. And he didn’t bite or kill me, which is good for many reasons. One – because in order for the elixir that will be used to turn him normal to work, he can’t have drank any blood at all since he was turned, or else it won’t work. Two – because I didn’t die, and Louis wouldn’t be heart broken and Sam and Dean wouldn’t want to kill Zayn.