Chapter Ten

“You’re a demon!” One of the other familiar voices spoke up.

I shoot up in my bed, gasping and breathing heavily. I felt my heart pounding really hard in my chest. My eyes were wide and darted around the room as I processed everything that had happened in my dream. It usually never got to the part where it finished the sentence after saying who was what. I never got to that part. This was the first time I actually got to find who was what. The voices are still unfamiliar. But the dream felt a lot more real this time. Much more. 

I shakily stood up from my bed and walked over to the bathroom that was connected to my room. As I walked I realized that I was covered in sweat, making my clothes stick to me. It was really disgusting. I felt really gross, and I hate feeling like that. I rolled my shoulders uncomfortably and stretched my arms upwards and outwards, trying to get myself to wake up. I finally made it inside my bathroom and stood in front of the mirror, examining myself. I looked like a mess.

My hair was knotted and very messy. My eyes were a little puffy, and you could see the beads of sweat on my forehead. My eyes also looked a little bloodshot. They were wide and alert too. I looked so different than from how I usually look. I guess that’s what losing someone does to you. It makes you look different. I could also see the sweat stains on my shirt, and it looked disgusting.

I shut the bathroom door behind me and locked it. I pulled off my shirt and took off my pants, underwear, and bra as well. I turned on the shower and stepped in, letting the warm water, fall onto me. It felt really nice. I washed all the sweat and dirt off of my skin and washed it out of my hair as well. It felt nice to just clean myself up. I don’t do it as often anymore. I soon finished cleaning myself up turned off the water in the shower, getting out and drying myself off.

I wrapped a towel around my soaking wet body as I unlocked my bathroom door and walked into my bedroom. I tied my wet and messy hair up in a bun as I picked out an outfit for today. I quickly put on some underwear and a baggy shirt before going back to the washroom to brush my hair out and dry it. I put my hair in two braids, each of them falling carelessly over my shoulders. I walk back into my bedroom and pick out a really simple outfit to wear. I put on a pair of light blue skinny jeans, a simple blue V-neck T-shirt, and a gray sweater with no zipper that said “HIPSTA PLEASE” in very big and bold black letters. I grabbed one of my snapbacks that was mostly white and had big and bold black letters on it, saying, “NEW YORK”. I put on black ankle socks and leave my face natural, no makeup what so ever. 

I leave my bedroom and go to the kitchen. I check the time on the clock on the kitchen wall. 9:30 am…This is the usual time that I wake up now. I used to wake up an hour earlier, but now I sleep in an extra hour. I guess I’ve just been so tired with all the drama that comes with hunting and dating a celebrity whose in one of the biggest boy bands out there right now. I knew that a lot of drama would happen when I decided to say yes to become Louis’ girlfriend. I knew that I would probably be feeling like this, even after I eventually told Louis. Now he knows, yet I still feel really stressed.

I thought that after telling Louis and the boys that I was a hunter and that I hunt the supernatural that things would be easier. Even if they didn’t trust me again or want to be near me, I thought life would just be easier. But, it turns out that life just feels more stressful now. I’m just really tired now, and I’ve been really tired before. 

I open the silver fridge and pull out a water bottle and an apple. I don’t feel very hungry today. I close the fridge and open up my water bottle, taking a small sip from it. I close my water bottle and take a bite of my apple. I sit at the island in my small kitchen, just taking bites of my apple. I soon finish my apple and throw the core into the trash bin. I wait a few minutes before I start to drink my water again.