Chapter Forty Eight

Alexis’ P.O.V

As soon as we get to the hospital the back doors are pulled open and the paramedics lift Louis’ gurney up and onto the ground. I hop out and jog next to Louis’ gurney as we enter the hospital. A few doctors and nurses immediately rush over and run with us as we make our way down the hall.

“What happened?” A nurse asks.

“He was stabbed,” I say quickly.

The paramedics continue to push him along the hallway. Louis is barely even conscious now, looking up at me with dazed eyes.

The paramedics continue to push him down the hall when a female nurse steps in front of me, blocking me from continuing.

“I’m sorry, you can’t go on from here,” she says.

“But that’s my boyfriend!” I say before remembering our argument. He still broke up with me, so we’re technically not boyfriend-girlfriend anymore.

“I’m sorry, but you have to wait here,” the nurse says before turning and running after the other nurses.

I sigh in frustration and turn around, making my way to the waiting room.

*

It’s been half an hour since I got here and they still haven’t let me see Louis. My eyes darted around the waiting room at the hospital for any sign of the boys, or Sam and Dean. They should be here by now. What’s taking them so long? I pull out my phone and decide to text Sam.

Where are you guys?-Alexis

I wait for a few painfully long minutes before I finally get an answer.

We’re almost there.-Sam

Please hurry!-Alexis

I lock my phone and sniffle, trying my best to prevent the tears from falling down my cheeks. I don’t want to draw any attention to myself right now. Someone might recognize me and as much as I appreciate Louis’ fans, I don’t really need to be dealing with any at the moment.

I hear the doors open and some footsteps before someone taps my shoulder. I look up to see Dean looking down at me. I stand up and immediately wrap my arms around him, and he returns the favor. Dean isn’t much of a hugger, but I guess he knows I need one right now. I take this moment to enjoy the hug, enjoying the feeling of Dean’s strong arms wrapped around me protectively. Even though Dean isn’t much of a hugger, when he does give a hug, it’s a good one. They’re so comforting to me. We stay like that for a little longer before I finally pull away and wipe at my eyes.

“How is he?” Dean asks once I pull away.

I sniffle. “They rushed him to the Emergency Department as soon as we got here. I haven’t seen him since.”

“How long have you been here?” Sam asks.

“About half an hour.”

“Has the doctor said anything yet?” Harry asks from behind Sam.

A soft sigh escapes my lips and I shake my head. “No, not yet. Hopefully he will soon.” Harry nods and carefully sits down in one of the hospital chairs, wincing. Zayn sits beside him and rubs his back. “By the way Harry, what happened to your leg?”

Zayn and Harry share a worried glance before gazing up at me. “Um…” Harry scratches the back of his neck awkwardly. “Lou and I got into a fight today. He hadn’t really eaten a lot since you broke up…” Harry clears his throat awkwardly. “We all tried to get him to come down, or at least talk to us. He talked to Liam a little, I think. I got really pissed off because he wasn’t listening to anyone and I was still mad at him for saying what he did to you the other night, so I tried to literally carry him downstairs. He somehow kicked my nose and then we sat on his bed for a while, while I waited for my nose to stop bleeding. Then we started fighting again and that lead to him shoving me into the mirror. It broke and a shard got in my leg. So we had to come here to get stitches. He ditched after Liam, Niall and Zayn came in though. He seemed pretty shocked with himself.” Harry runs a hand through his curls. “I shouldn’t have called him pathetic…He’s not…” Harry sighs in frustration and holds his head in his hands.