Chapter Thirty Five

No One’s P.O.V

The car was silent. No one made any noises except for breathing sounds as they drove down the dark road. Harry kept staring out the window, trying to remember as much as he could from his possession. It was hard to focus his mind on anything because thinking hard would give him a headache and he was exhausted. His body kept saying ‘sleep’ but his mind said otherwise. He wanted to stay awake for a while longer so he could go upstairs to his room at home with Cali and hold her in his arms as they slept. He loved her and felt a little lost without her next to him. Harry always felt the need to protect Cali even though he really was the most danger to her. But no matter what he did to her even though he never meant it, she always loved him no matter what happened between the two of them. 

Harry looked over at Louis who was keeping his attention on the road. His hands gripped the steering wheel tightly, though Harry could see Louis trying to hide the pain whenever he used his left arm more than his other arm. I probably did something to his arm, Harry thought to himself. Taking a look at Louis’ face, he examined him some more. A faint brown bruise surrounded Louis’ right eye, and it was squinted slightly. A fist-sized bruise was on Louis’ right cheek, and there was a cut on his lower lip that was still bleeding a little bit. His hair was much messier than usual, and Harry could see a little blood dripping down the side of his face. Harry’s eyes flickered down to Louis’ hands and he noticed a few cuts on his knuckles. Harry frowned mentally, guilt arising in him. 

Louis looked over at Harry through the corner of his eye, and he saw Harry staring at him with sad eyes. Louis sighed, turning his focus over to Harry momentarily. “You alright, Harry?” Louis asked. Harry jumped slightly, startled by Louis’ sudden question. Harry stared at Louis for a moment before looking out the window again, not answering him. “Harry, come on mate, answer me.” Louis pleaded. Harry sighed and turned his head towards Louis, who was now looking back at the road, but he could tell that Louis was still paying much attention to Harry.

“I’m sorry,” Harry muttered, looking down at his hands. He noticed the blood that was on them and squeezed his eyes shut, fighting back the tears that were threatening to well up in his eyes.

“It’s alright,” Louis replied. Harry opened his eyes and shook his head, looking out the window and up at the dark night sky.

“No, it’s not.” Harry mumbled to himself, thinking Louis couldn’t hear him. Louis sighed, looking over at Harry who was still looking out the window.

“Stop beating yourself up, mate. You were possessed.” Louis said to Harry, trying to make the curly haired lad feel better. Harry turned his attention over to Louis once again.

“You kept beating yourself up after the incident a month ago, and you still do now! So don’t you dare tell me to stop beating myself up when you still can’t stop!” Harry growled, tears beginning to well up in his eyes. Louis looked over at Harry with a shocked expression. Even though Louis had been used to hearing ‘Harry’ snap at him and the others for the past few weeks, he knew now that it wasn’t actually Harry. Now that he knew it was actually Harry talking to him, he was a little shocked. Louis sighed, looking over at the road again.

“I know,” Louis said quietly, sadness taking over him as he recalled the memories of that night momentarily. He quickly pushed them away, not wanting to cry again. He knew he had to get over them. He knew that even though it was his hands that had caused everyone the pain, it wasn’t actually him doing it. It was the demon making him do it. But Louis couldn’t help but feel guilty. He could’ve fought harder for control.

“I know that it wasn’t…me doing what I did, and that it was just the demon making me do it, but I still could’ve…I dunno. I could’ve done something about it!” Harry said.