Chapter Forty

No One’s P.O.V

Louis sat in his room, looking out his bedroom window with a blank expression as he watched people walk by the house. No one bothered them too much there, and he was thankful for that. He didn’t feel like being bothered today. Or at all. He just wanted to be left alone.

Louis didn’t know how he felt about breaking up with Alexis. He wasn’t sure. He didn’t feel any heartache, although that might have been because of the fact that he had turned his emotions off. He didn’t feel anything, nor did he want to. He rather feel nothing than pain, misery, or regret. That’s all he would feel when he was with Alexis besides the undeniable love and slight fear. When he had learned what she truly did, he was scared of her. But he didn’t let that stop him from loving her with all his heart, even if they only had been dating for two months. 

Louis shook his head. He would not think about Alexis. That would only cause him to turn his emotions back on, and he didn’t want that.

The boys had been visiting his room during the past two days, trying to talk to him and comfort him. But all he did was just stare at them blankly until they would finally leave, leaving Louis alone in his room once again. They tried to get him to eat, but he would simply refuse. He didn’t feel hungry, not at all. Sure he should probably eat something since the last time he ate was when the incident occurred, but he didn’t make an effort to move or even care. He didn’t care anymore.

Liam, Niall, Harry and Zayn were all worried about him; he could tell. And even though Louis knew Harry was pissed at him for hurting Alexis, he could see that he still did care for him. Harry had only come up one time the past two days while the other boys had come up numerous times. When Harry did come up, he was with Niall, who had forced him to come up. And Harry didn’t say anything while Niall was trying to get Louis to say something. Louis chuckled dryly to himself at the thought. The boys just weren’t getting the fact that Louis wasn’t going to say anything to them. He had no will to speak.

It was currently raining out, and people were rushing down the sidewalks to get out of the rain. But Louis just smiled. He liked the rain. It represented the sadness that he would be feeling if he actually felt anything at the moment.

“Louis,” he heard a soft voice say from the doorway. Louis rolled his eyes again. It must be Liam, judging by the deepness of his voice. Louis heard the door open and footsteps approaching before Liam sat down next to Louis by the window. Louis didn’t bother sparing a glance at the younger lad and just continued to look out the window, watching the rain drops slide down the window. “Louis, look at me,” Liam said. Louis didn’t listen. He heard an irritated sigh before his head was grabbed and turned towards Liam. Louis looked at Liam with a blank expression. “Louis mate…it’s been two days. You need to get out of your room. Talk to us, or at least eat something.”

Louis just blinked at Liam, not showing any sorts of expression. Liam sighed and leaned back against the wall.

“I know that you’re hurting Louis. I can see it in your eyes. I know that you’re trying to turn off your emotions, but it doesn’t work…” Louis would have chuckled at Liam, but decided against it. “Listen, Alexis was special to you, we all saw that. And for you to just throw that away, it was pretty ridiculous. She wasn’t done talking; she was going to say something else. I know for a fact that she loved you too damn much to ever leave you.”

“You have no f*cking idea how much she meant to me,” Louis spoke for the first time in two days, his voice raspy from lack of usage.

“Then why did you tell her to go?” Liam asked. Louis sighed and looked at Liam, his blue eyes sparking with the slightest bit of emotion.