Chapter Twenty Two

I sighed as I checked the time on my phone again – it was noon already. It had been two days since Zayn had been turned human again, and he still hadn’t gotten better. He still winces and groans in pain every time he makes a move, he still can’t walk very well, and he still doesn’t each much. He’s got a temperature now, which is strange. I don’t know why this is happening to him, because none of this had happened to Dean when he was turned back. He didn’t feel as much pain as Zayn did, he was able to walk right after, and he wasn’t sick to his stomach after. He was perfectly healthy after. This had never happened before to anyone who was turned back into a human after being turned into a vampire. Maybe Zayn had just caught some sort of cold right after being turned back to normal, but that wouldn’t explain the excruciating pain he was in.

I looked down at my white V-neck T-shirt, thinking over what to do next. I had no idea what to do about Zayn since I had never experienced this type of thing before. Since I didn’t know what I could do to help him at the moment, the least I could do was to try and help make him feel more comfortable. The boys were all trying to help him feel better, although they didn’t do very much, since they don’t know a thing about this. All they’ve done is try and cheer Zayn up a bit, although I think nothing they do has worked on Zayn. I’ve tried searching up anything about this type of thing happening, but I couldn’t find anything, which was really annoying.

I tied my hair up into a high ponytail before walking into the kitchen, seeing Louis leaning against the island while scrolling through his phone. I walked over to him, tapping his shoulder lightly as he looked over at me, giving me a small smile before going back to his phone. He’s been ignoring me for the past two days, and I didn’t like it that much. I frowned before tapping his shoulder gain. He looked up at me, a slight look of annoyance in his expression as he pursed his lips together. I leaned onto the island next to him, staring up into his eyes.

“What’s up?” I asked. Louis shrugged dully, looking back down at his phone.

“Just reading over an email I got. The boys and I have an interview soon.” He replied. I frowned, nodding numbly.

“What about Zayn? What if he can’t do the interview?” I asked, the frown creasing even more. Louis frowned, shrugging his shoulders while looking back down at the phone again. 

“I don’t know.”

I sighed again as I took one of his hands in mine, but he just pulled it away. I looked up at him again, frowning while furrowing my eyebrows together in confusion. Louis didn’t look at me, he just continued to stare down at his damn phone. I rolled me eyes at him, getting annoyed with him. I tugged on his arm lightly, making him look at me. His expression showed annoyance and slightly anger as well. His eyes had a bit of anger in them, making them look more like a gray then an ocean blue. It reminded me of when he was possessed, of all the anger that was in his expression because of what the demon was doing. It also reminded me of when I woke up in the hospital after being in a coma for such a long time. I remember how upset and broken he looked, and how it looked like a lot of color had drained from his face.

“What’s wrong, Louis?” I ask. Louis scoffs, rolling his eyes and pulling his arm out of my grasp.

“Nothing,” he said coldly. I ignore his harsh tone.

“Something’s wrong, Louis. Come on, tell me.” I pleaded. Louis looked over at me and rolled his eyes.

“Nothing!” He snapped. After that he looked back down at his phone. I scoffed and rolled my eyes, crossing my arms over my chest.

“Fine, a**hole.” I mumbled really quietly before walking away from him. I don’t know if he heard what I called him, but I really don’t care right now. I don’t know why he is acting like this all of a sudden, but it’s really pissing me off. He only started acting like this when I started helping Zayn get better two days ago. I remember he glared at Zayn before he rolled his eyes and stormed out of the room two days ago after we brought Zayn his breakfast. He did that stuff after I told him I was going to stay up and help Zayn feel better and feel less lonely. I’ve been doing that since. Maybe Louis is jealous?