Chapter Thirty One

Alexis’ P.O.V

My hands gripped the steering wheel tightly as I turned a corner. Cali and I were driving to where Sam and Dean’s place. Since they had the stuff I would need to summon a demon, I had to go to them and get the materials, and then I would probably just summon the demon there. Cali was with me, since she was still in a bit of pain when Harry had slapped her and pushed her into the wall this morning. She was also a little scared to face him on her own. It’s understandable, though. Harry doesn’t act like this usually. If he is possessed – which he probably is – then he would do this to her because the demon would make him. But I don’t understand. I checked earlier to see if he was possessed or not, and he wasn’t. No demon can pass that test. It’s just a little strange.

We had been driving for a couple of hours already. It was gonna take us a few hours to get to Sam and Dean’s place. It was already 2:45. I wonder if any of the boys have found him yet. Probably not, because they probably would have called. Unless something happened. I hope nothing happened that’s bad, but I’m not going to get my hopes up. I’ll have to call the boys later and see how they’re doing. I need to make sure that they’re still okay. I really hope they are.

We had been driving in silence the whole time, none of us saying anything. We didn’t make one noise. The only other sounds were the cars driving by us and the soft sound of the radio in the background. Wanting a distraction, I turn up the radio and ‘Wheel in the Sky’ by Journey comes on. I like this song. I used to listen to pop songs more than older songs, but I’ve sort of started to like older songs again. But I still listen to new music like I used to. It’s times like these where I realize how much I am like Dean, although I like to think that I’m not like him, I realize I am. I kept it on and hummed along to music.

Winter is here, again, oh Lord.

Haven’t been home in a year or more.

I hope she holds on a little longer.

“I hope Harry’s alright.” Cali suddenly spoke up. I looked over at her. Her head was down, her dirty blonde hair falling over her face. She was playing with her fingers. I looked back at the road.

“He will be.” I said blankly. Though I wasn’t sure really if he would be.

Sent a letter on a long summer day.

Made of silver, not of clay.

“You don’t know that, though.” She said, and I saw her look up at me through the corner of my eye. I sighed, nodding.

Ooh I’ve been runnin’ down this dust road.

“I know that, Cali. Trust me, I know that more than anybody.” I replied, not looking over at her. I needed to focus on the road so we wouldn’t crash and die. I saw Cali look out the window again and listened as the music got louder for the chorus of the song.

Ooh, the wheel in the sky keeps on turnin’.

I don’t know where I’ll be tomorrow.

Wheel in the sky keeps on turning.

“I’m pretty sure he’s possessed.” Cali spoke up again just as the chorus ended. I looked over at her, being sure that I checked the road every few seconds. I frowned at her.