Chapter Fifty One

Alexis’ P.O.V

My clammy hand trembled as I reached for the doorknob. My heart was running a mile a minute and I could barely think straight. Sam, Dean and I had argued for almost an hour. They kept telling me that I should go with Louis and leave the hunting business, but that’s utter bull shit. Once you’re in it, you can’t get out. I told them that but being the stubborn jerks they are, they continued to argue with me. Now, here I was, standing in front of Louis’ hospital room door, about to tell him my answer. I was scared, to say the least. What if my decision was the wrong one?

I finally forced myself to grip the doorknob tightly and twisted it open, revealing a sleeping Louis and Harry. Harry was slumped in the chair by Louis’ bed, his head lolled to the side and his lips parted slightly. His curly hair fell over his eyes, and I took notice of the drool on his chin. I roll my eyes fondly and let them drift over to Louis’ sleeping figure. I loved how peaceful he looked. I almost forgot about all the cuts and bruises decorating his face. It’s almost too adorable to disturb.

Taking quiet, careful steps towards Harry, I keep my eyes on him. When I reach Harry, I gently shake his shoulder, hoping to coax him out of his slumber without waking Louis up. A soft groan left Harry’s parted lips, and I shook him a little harder. This time, a set of mumbles tumbled out and his eyes cracked open. He blinked a couple times before he lifted his head up, letting his eyes meet mine.

“W-What?” Harry rasped, and I immediately shush him, pointing at Louis. Harry looks over at Louis for a second before he looks at me again, seeming to be a little more awake. “What?” he repeats.

“How’s Louis?” I ask quietly, my voice barely above a whisper.

Harry sits up and rubs his eyes. “Okay…He cried a little when I brought up what happened, but, he’s okay. He fell asleep soon after, and I guess I did too,” he said, yawning afterwards.

I nod and rub Harry’s shoulder. “How are you doing?”

“Fine,” Harry says quietly.

“You sure? Did you talk to Louis about what happened between you two?” I ask.

Harry nods and says, “Yeah, I apologized for what I said, and he apologized for being a douche.”

“That’s good,” I say, smiling softly. He returns the favor and looks over at Louis’ sleeping figure. “Do you mind leaving for a moment? I need to talk to Louis about what’s happening,” I ask.

“Did you make your decision?” Harry asks, now fully awake. I nodded and he quickly adds, “What?”

“I’ll tell you after. I wanna tell Lou first.”

“But Alexis-” I cut Harry off by shushing him, nodding towards Louis again. He quiets down and looks at me, biting his lip anxiously.

“If you wanna know, go ask Sam and Dean, but don’t tell any of the other boys until after I tell Louis. I want him to be the first to know,” I say softly.

Harry sighs but nods, rubbing his face. “Alright. Good luck with Louis,” Harry says before getting up and quietly leaving the room.

I let out a breath and turn to Louis, smiling fondly at him. God, I love him so much. As I’m about to wake Louis up, I hear the door open. I turn around and see the same nurse from earlier walk in, smiling at me.

“Hi there! I’m just here to fill up his IV bag with some more meds. He may be a little drowsy when he wakes up, so you may not get much of a conversation out of him.”

“No problem,” I say, smiling at the nurse. Her smile grows slightly and she is quick to replace the IV bag and before I know it she’s leaving, giving me one last smile before shutting the door softly.