Chapter Thirty Eight

Another two days had passed since Harry’s gotten free of his possession and he’s now back on his feet. He seems to be handling it pretty well compared to last time when he was possessed. Although back then he didn’t know about what I did or what had actually happened to him. And he kept having nightmares, which didn’t help. But he’s handling it better than Louis did after he found out, which is nice, I guess. Harry’s doing pretty well considering he was possessed longer than Louis was. It just seems a little weird to me.

Currently, Harry and I are in the kitchen, cooking dinner for everyone tonight. I was washing and drying the dishes so that we would have clean plates, cups, forks and knifes to use tonight, while Harry was cutting up some vegetables to add to the salad he was currently working on. Tonight we were making chicken breasts and salad, something simple.

The others – except Cali, who had to go home because her parents hadn’t seen her in a few days and wanted to see her again – were in the living room, watching TV. Every so often I heard loud laughs coming from there, but I didn’t bother to go see what was so funny. They’re probably doing something stupid, considering how immature they can be at times.

“Alexis, can you please pass me the cucumber?” Harry asked me, holding a hand out. I nodded and grabbed the cucumber with my hand that wasn’t covered in soap before handing it to him. Harry thanked me and started to chop the cucumber with the sleek knife in his hand while I went back to cleaning the dishes.

A few minutes later I finished washing and drying the dishes, so I quickly put away the ones we weren’t using and left the ones we needed on the counter. I was currently trying to put the last cup on the top shelf of the cupboard but couldn’t reach it due to my short height. Sometimes being short pisses me off. A soft chuckle came from behind me and a large, scratched hand came into view, taking the cup from my hand and placing it on the top shelf. My lips immediately formed a pout and Harry laughed quietly. 

“Not funny!” I grumbled, shoving him and closing the cupboards. Harry only chuckled again.

“Sure it isn’t.” Harry said sarcastically, rolling his eyes at my remark.

“It’s not my fault that I’m short!” I whined. Harry smirked and patted my head.

“Don’t worry, Pipsqueak, you’re still our special girl – besides Cali, of course.”

“Call me ‘Pipsqueak’ one more time I’ll snap your arm like a twig.” Harry’s eyes immediately widened, and I broke out into a fit of laughter. “I’m kidding! I’m kidding…maybe.” I said the last word under my breath. 

Harry rolled his eyes and went back to chopping the rest of the vegetables while I set up the table for dinner. Once that was done, I walked over to Harry, who was scraping the chopped up vegetables off of the cutting board and into a bowl full of lettuce. He placed the bowl on the counter and looked over at me.

“Did you finish setting up the table?

“Yeah. Now what am I supposed to do?” I asked.

“Check if the chicken is defrosted.” 

I nodded and walked over to the island. A bowl full of warm water rested on it’s counter top, and in the bowl was the package of chicken breasts. I pulled it out of the warm water and checked to see if it was ready to cook, which it was.

“It’s ready,” I said.

“Okay. I’ll get it in the oven.” Harry said.

“Then what am I supposed to do?” I asked.

“I dunno. Go make out with Louis or something,” Harry paused, a smirk tugging at his lips. “Or you could go to home base instead.”

I quickly punched him in the arm, annoyed yet still embarrassed by his joke. My cheeks were probably the color of a rose right now, and I looked down to try and hide them, but it didn’t really work since my hair was in a ponytail. Harry laughed while clutching his arm from the pain he was in. I rolled my eyes at him and shoved his shoulder.