Chapter 39

A loud slap was heard in the room. Three of them were taken aback. Gun's tears fell, and Singto looked at his shaking hand. "Gun, phi didn't mean to do that," he said, trying to hold back his tears. "Please forgive phi." Singto tried to grab Gun's hand, but Gun yanked it away, saying, "I don't want to see you anymore. In fact, I couldn't even stay in the same room with you!" Gun yelled and bolted from the room. Off was taken aback by what he had just witnessed, he knew Singto did not intend to slap Gun. It was his quick reflex. "I'm going to chase Gun first," Off declared before storming out of the room to do so.

Singto falls to the ground after looking at his hand. His tears fell one by one and continued to fall. "What did I do? What was I thinking? Please forgive me, Gun. I didn't mean to do that," Singto sobs in his room. He was sorry for what he had done.

Off was chasing Gun and telling him to stop, but Gun refused. They ignore all of the strange eyes that are staring at them. Gun enters his car and orders his driver to drive away. Off look at the Gun car as it begins to drive away. Fortunately, he had his car key in his pocket, so he goes straight to his car and begins chasing Gun's car. Off called Gun, but he didn't answer. "Don't let him chase us," Gun cried in his car, one hand holding his burned cheek from the slap. "Goes faster," Gun said to his driver. The faster he goes, the faster Off's car follow them.

Off keeps pressing the pedal as he tries to catch up to Gun. However, luck was not on his side. Gun's car made it through the traffic light, but he did not. A car from the side hit him as he ignored the red light. The driver examines his rearview mirror and notices the accidents. "Nong, Sir Jumpol had accidents," he told Gun. Gun quickly turned around, stunned to see what had happened. After telling his driver to stop, Gun exits the vehicle and runs to Off's vehicle. He was able to get out of the car with the assistance of bystanders who also witnessed the accident.

"Someone dial an ambulance!" Gun is yelling. He kept hugging his papi and telling him to keep his eyes open. "Do not close your eyes. I'm sorry, papi. Please don't leave me," Gun keeps saying.

~~

Singto remained on the ground. He's still staring at his hand, but he's already stopped crying. He couldn't believe what he had done. He slap Gun. "It doesn't matter how many times you say you didn't mean it, Singto. It's already done. There's no way going back," Singto thought to himself. He deeply regrets slapping Gun. He had no idea how his hand could so easily swing to Gun's cheek. And now how he wish it had all been a dream.

Singto's phone abruptly rang. Singto stood up and answered the phone. "Sir, Sir Jumpol was involved in an accident while chasing us. Right now, he's on his way to Bangkok Medical Centre," someone on the other end of the line said. Singto was taken aback. "All right, I got it. I'm already on my way. See you there," Singto said as he quickly exited his office. He even informed his secretary that he will not return while on his way out. Singto got into his car and drove straight to the hospital, but his mind was preoccupied with a lot of things.

~~

Gun waits patiently outside papi room. After a long wait, New emerged, accompanied by two nurses. "Is he okay?" Gun inquires immediately. "Relax, he's fine," New told his nurse as he told them to leave. "There were no serious injuries, only minor ones. He wishes to see you." Gun nodded and entered the room quickly, followed by New. When Gun sees papi, who is lying on the bed, he smiles. "Are you okay?" says Gun as he sits in the chair next to the bed. "Do you hurt anywhere?" Gun aske papi in worried tone.

"Why are you running and why do you chase him?" New asked, not letting Off and Gun have their own moment. When Gun heard the question, he fell silent. "Lots of things," Off responded, turning his head to Gun before continuing, "Gun, please listen to me. You completely misunderstood the situation. You only hear half of what we're saying. At that time, Singto was only joking," Off was attempting to explain the situation at Singto's office at the time. Gun leaned back in his chair, signalling to papi that he didn't want to hear what papi was about to say.

"I might not know what happened between the three of you, but when Off said Singto was joking, he really meant it. You have no idea how we made each other laugh and joking. Instead of believing what you hear, why not enquire as to what exactly occurred? Gun, don't jump to conclusions too quickly." Gun remained silent. As he watches Gun's reaction, New sighs. "I'm going to call Singto right away. Let's finish this together, and you, Gun, stay here," New said in serious tone. When New pulled his phone from his pocket to call Singto, the door opened and they saw Singto standing there.

Singto enters, standing next to New. "Are you okay, Off?" Singto inquires. "I'm all right. Nothing serious," Off replied. Gun only crossed his hand and remained silent. "Before you came, Off already confessed to me," Singto sighs before beginning to speak. Singto comes to a halt and looks at Gun, which begins to turn to listen to his brother. "That type of confession that I've always waited for," Singto continues. 

Flashback this morning,

Singto remained silent, intent on hearing what Off had to say. "It was all about Gun and me. We're seeing each other and are currently in a relationship," Off finally says. He looks at Singto, who remains motionless and solemn. He was worried about what Singto would say, but he had already decided to go ahead with it. It's better to do it now rather than later. Off, take a look at Singto, who remains silent. "You're not going to say anything?" Off inquires. "I already know about your relationship," Singto said, startling Off. "I'd say it started when Gun was attacked, but I've always gotten chat about both of you from someone. About how close you are, and how you are always present when Gun was attacked and everything.

I used to block that number, but he always found a way to contact me. And it will continue until you and him kiss in front of your house." Singto came to a halt and showed him the picture and all the chat messages he had received. Off was stunned, and he now understands why Singto rejected the idea when they began to close. "After that, he stopped chatting with me. And it hurts. It's extremely upsetting to learn about your relationship from someone other than the two of you. But things have already happened," Singto continue. "Can I continue our relationship?" Off inquires. "Then, break up with him. Stay as far away from him as possible, don't bother him, and leave him alone," Singto stated solemnly.