Chapter 22

It was lunchtime when New arrived at the Singto's office. Actually, he doesn't want to interfere with their business, but either him or Off, it was him who knew Singto the best. Probably because it was two of them first before Off. He arrives at the Singto room floors, enters the room quickly, but is stopped by Singto's secretary, "I'm sorry Sir New. But Boss has already left. He will not return for the rest of the day."

"Really? Where did he go?" ask New. "Well, I'm not sure either because he didn't say where he was going" reply Singto's secretary. New nodded and excuse himself. Seems like he need to come back tomorrow.

~~

Singto walked into Coffee House café and sat at one of the empty tables facing the payment counter. "Sorry, but where is Krist?" he asked one of the workers who happened to pass by. "Ouh, Sir Prachaya. Boss at the kitchen right now. Should I call him for you?" inquires the worker, who recognises Singto as his boss's lover. Singto paused for a moment before responding, "It's fine. He's probably busy. I'll just wait here until he's done. Could you please get me a hot latte and a slice of burnt cheese cake?" "Sure, Sir Prachaya, just a moment," said the worker, hurrying inside to place the Singto order.

While waiting for Krist, Singto took out his phone and began playing with it. He felt guilty and worried that Krist might sulk because he left to work pretty early. But every minute, he will look at the kitchen door, hoping to see Krist. From one minute to one hour, and all the way until evening, Singto did not move but only waiting.

"Eh... I just saw Sir Prachaya. How long he's been here?" one of the workers ask his colleague. He saw her boss's lover while delivering the order. "If I'm not mistaken, he arrived around 2 or 3 p.m. He asked where our boss was, I told him he was in the kitchen. And then he said he'd wait for him," said another, who was the one who took Singto's order. Krist, who had overheard his coworkers gossiping, raised his head and asked, "What do you mean you saw Singto? And he's been here since the afternoon?"

"Yes, sir. I asked if I should call you, but he said you were probably busy, so he just waited for you," the worker replied. Krist were taken aback. He's been in the kitchen since the morning, helping them make dessert, so he has no idea what's going on outside. "Put this in the oven," Krist said to one of them. He quickly rinses his hand and exits. Everyone in the kitchen just giggle when they saw his boss leave everything to see his lover.

Krist notices Singto sitting at the table in front of the payment counter and goes over to sit in front of him. "How long have you been here? Why not call me?" Krist inquires. He noticed two empty cups and one empty plate. "I believe it was about five hours. It's all right, baby. You've been away from this café for a few days, so there must be a lot of work. I can wait," Singto said cheerfully. Krist chuckled slightly. "And what if I'm not finished yet? Are you prepared to wait for me? Don't you feel hungry?" Krist responds. "I'm willing to wait for you. We'll eat after you finish," Singto responds.

"Why are you here?" ask Krist. He leaned back in his chair and crossed his arms. "I'm sorry" said Singto sincerely. "Last night, I come home late. And this morning, I left house early. I'm really sorry baby" added Singto again. Krist raised his smile playfully, "Okay, I forgave you. Under one condition." "What." "I want you buys new toys for your kids. Everything. I want to but it today but I've got no time so you have to buy it. And please use our money. Because why? Your money is my money and my money is my money."

"Only that?" chuckled Singto. Krist gave a nod. Actually, they are not Singto kids because Krist raised and played with them. But because Singto had purchased all of the necessities for his kids, Krist were gracious enough to say that they were their kids. "All right, we'll go tomorrow. Just pick anything," Singto said. "Please wait here. I'll get my belongings and we'll go home. Since you brought your car, I'll just follow you," Krist said, quickly gathering his belongings. He instructed his employee to lock the café before leaving, and both Singto and Krist goes home.

Upon arriving home, both Singto and Krist sat at dining table. Uncle Mark, Gun and Off were already there. "Did you two reconcile again?" ask Gun. He did remember this morning Krist were not much happy but tonight Krist look happy. "Did you guys fight? What happen?" ask Uncle Mark. Singto did not respond to their question, but instead asked Off, "Since when are you've been here?" "Ouh... After he send Gun home, I told him to stay for dinner" Uncle Mark replied, and both Off and Gun nodded in agreement.

Krist, sensing Singo's dissatisfaction with the situation, quickly changes the subject, "How's work Uncle? You were always busy, and it was unusual for you to join us for dinner?" "Hahah, Krist, it's the same as usual. Nothing new," Uncle Mark responds. Krist is holding Singto's hand under the table. Telling him to relax. Singto swept everything from his mind and tried to enjoy the meal.

They go inside their room after dinner, take a shower, and lie down in bed. "Can you tell me why you hated the idea of them being together?" Krist asks, snuggling up to Singto. "To be honest, I've always thought of Off as a friend. Seeing them as someone special to Gun makes me feel... I'm not sure how to explain it. It's complicated," Singto responds. Krist raised his head to meet Singto's gaze and asked, "How would you know it's not good unless you try it?" "Do I have to do that?" "Only you know the answer," Krist responds. Before Krist went to sleep, Singto kissed his forehead. 'You were right, baby,' Singto thought.