27

Friday, August 5

2:30 A.M

Y/N

"Y/n!" I hear Konan sing.

"Yes," I mumbled as I wrote the patient information.

"Question." Konan inquired as she slammed the paper on the counter.

"Huh."

"Have you attempted to talk to Nagato?" Konan mumbles beside me.

I take a second and recall what happened last Sunday. I sigh and finish writing the patient name I'll be checking on with my doctor. "No, I haven't."

"You should try to because I haven't heard anything from him since he left." She spoke as she wrote something on her papers.

Nagato left right away after our argument and both Konan and Yahiko said they haven't talked to him.

"I'll try," I replied. I turn to my right and face Konan taking in a deep breath. "I'll see you later, love?" I let out a breath as I grabbed the patient's information.

"Yes, baby." She smiles softly.

I blew her a kiss and made my way to room 7.

I set my food down and sit down. I double-tap my phone screen. It's six in the morning and I have three unread messages from Kakashi.

I smile and my heart skips a beat. I grab my chopsticks and grab my bowl of noodles. I place some noodles in my mouth and hum as the delicious sweet and salty flavor explodes in my mouth.

Now that I think about it, I didn't have time to eat breakfast. My stomach growls and I quickly take another bite of my noodles.

Good Morning sweetheart, I won't be doing much today at work, would you like me to pick you up from the hospital and cook you some food?
5:30 A.M

Make sure to eat your three meals, If I see that you haven't been eating properly well...
5:31

Well, what!?

I smile and get ready to type a text.

Good morning!

"Y/n '' I startled a little.

I turn my head sideways to see Anko Mitarashi. She is one of the doctors I work with. She can be kinda scary, appearing out of nowhere.

"Hi." I smile and quickly send the text without looking. "What can I do for you?"

"I need you to come with me." She says turning around.

"Oh of course." I quickly place my phone in my front pocket. I grab my lid and close my container.

I was ready to leave when I saw Konan from the corner of my eye. "Free lunch." I quickly said while shoving the container into her occupied hands.

"What?" She looks at me confused.

I quickly pressed my lips together and shrugged my shoulders as I followed after Anko.

"His name is Toshi, he is seven years old and broke his arm while playing football." She says, guiding her to the room.

She stops and I look up to see her staring at me. My eyes winded. "You're not coming?" I ask doubtfully.

"Nah, I got better things to do." She says unbothered as she takes a bag of chips from her front pocket. She raises her eyebrows at me as she walks away.