• Chapter 27 •

George's POV:
"Sage, Sage, Sage, Sage!" I called coming up behind her
"Hi." Sage smiled

    Though I knew we were friends now, I was still getting used to her smile. Not that she had a bad one, it was quite pretty in fact I just wasn't used to seeing it.

"I need your help." I said in a whisper making sure Hallie wasn't around
Sage leaned in closer making sure she could hear "With what?" She asked mimicking my voice level
"I'm gonna ask Hallie to the Yule ball today."

"You are!"
"Shh!"
"Sorry."
"I need it to be a surprise so I need you to keep her away from her usual spot by the lake and keep any gits from asking her first."
"Got it." She nodded

"So I think I have a pretty good idea obviously, but you're her best friend and her roommate. So tell me if this is a good idea.
"Okay."

"So I'm gonna take her on a picnic and you know set up a bunch of candles and then I uh made one of those flower bracelet, thingies girls wear to fancy dances-
"A corsage?"
"Yes! That. And I'm gonna give it to her and then just, ask."

"I like it." Sage nodded "She'll love it."
"Okay good. So I need you, my fabulous partner in crime, to distract the lovely lady until i send a note at 9 o'clock exactly.

Oh and keep men away from her, I have no idea how I've managed to go this long without someone asking her."
"Sir yes sir." Sage saluted

I was extremely lucky no one had asked Hallie to the ball. I wanted to ask he right off the second we found out but I knew it had to be perfect and to be frank, I didn't think she would want to go with me. Then Fred convinced me to just go for it so here I was.

"Go team." And we split up
Sage went to go find Hallie and i headed down to the kitchens to get the picnic together.

Third Person POV:
"He's never going to ask me!"
Hallie had been ranting for over an hour about how George was never going to ask her to the Yule ball and how she had given up all hope.

   Sage sat politely on her bed watching Hallie pace. She could feel her eye twitching.

"Everyone has a date! Even you have one! Though it is Cormac."
She had a point.
"Give it another day." Sage reasoned
"Why? Give myself another day to work myself up only to get heartbroken? No!"

"Hallie," Sighed
"I have turned down three offers because I wanted him to ask me!"
"I heard he hasn't asked anyone, there's still a chance."
"Whatever, I'm going to my spot by the lake."

"No! You cant!" Sage stopped her
"Why not?"
"I- uh, uhm.. well because... I need help!"
"Help?"
"Yes! With with with my charms homework! Im failing the class."
"Okay, I'll help you." She agreed

"Thanks for helping me." George spoke enchanting some candles to float
"I can't believe you took so long to ask." Fred commented tying some of the candles to the tree
"I know." Lee agreed

"What about the picnic?"
"The elves said they would take care of it and have it ready by 8 o'clock. They don't like students getting in their space."

"True." Fred agreed
"So how are you going to propose?" Lee teased
"Shut up."

"Alright admit it." Fred paused "To me your twin and your very best friend in the whole world."