• Chapter 28 •

Third Person POV:
    "Okay, ready!" Hallie called from her dorm room
Tonight was the night of the Yule Ball. Of course Hallie, Angelina and Sage decided to get ready for the ball together.

They had gotten their makeup and hair done together and one by one they each came out in their dresses doing a major reveal.

Hallie had gone out first then Angelina and finally Sage, who couldn't stop fiddling with the ruffles in her dress.

She was used to wearing clothes like this but not voluntarily.
"Sage come on I'm sure you look better than all of us!" Hallie shouted
"I agree!" Angelina commented

"Okay I'm coming."
Sage opened the door stepping out rather timidly.
"Good God woman!"
"It shouldn't have been possible to look prettier than I imagined yet here you are."

"You guys, are so dramatic." Sage laughed
"Hey! I'm being serious!"
"It's time to go." Angelina grinned
"She's just ready to see her boyfriend." Hallie smirked

"Hey! He isn't my boyfriend.... yet." She smirked
The girls laughed at her response, locking their dorm room behind them.

"How much you wanna bet she won't be coming back for her stuff. If you know what I mean." Hallie wiggled her eyebrows
"Yeah." Sage mumbled

All three girls headed down through the corridors watching as other students passed.
"What do you think the great Hall will look like?" Hallie asked
"I wonder what the twins will look like!" Angelina replied

"I still cant believe George and I are dating now." Hallie squealed changing topics with Angelina
Sage couldn't believe she had agreed to go to the ball with Cormac all to get at Fred.

Now she was going to be miserable and he was probably going to try to grope her. She was an idiot.

"Hello beautiful." George was smiling ear to ear completely giddy over how he managed to get Hallie to be his girlfriend

Angelina left as well, sniggering at George's goofy grin.
"You'll be alright on your own for a minute right?" Hallie asked

Sage didn't really think she would be but she nodded not wanting to keep Hallie tied to her and ruin her evening as well. Sage stood there watching everyone walk into the Hall.

"Wow Sage you look... hot. You look really hot."
Sage spun around, there was Cormac. Dressed in his finest and he still looked ridiculous. Sage felt a pang of disappointment all over again remembering she would be with him, all night.

"Uh, thanks."
"Maybe we can, get some alone time later." Cormac leaned in
"I think the ball is starting." Sage interrupted taking the opportunity to walk away and enter the Hall

The Hall was beautiful, everything look frozen over and it sparkled in the light, everyone dressed in their best.

The champions dance had already begun as Sage scanned the room for anyone she knew. Anyone she could talk to instead of her date.

Her eye caught on a specific redhead who had already spotted her and refused to let himself stare.

She couldn't help but acknowledge how  handsome he looked, Angelina looking just as drop dead gorgeous on his arm. They were perfect together.

Fred on the other hand had noticed Sage but he didn't think she looked great with Cormac.

He felt a lump form in his throat, which he swallowed quickly. He was here, with Angelina, who was absolutely stunning and he couldn't take his mind off of Sage?