Untitled Part 22

"All right. I was just checking." She smiled.

We walked hand in hand through the training square. We were passing near the prison cells.

"Kylie. Paddy. May we speak with you?" Crispin called from their cell.

"What do you want Grandpa?"

"We just want to speak with you. Please."

I glanced back. Liam and Lizzy were standing out of sight of the cell. They nodded that it was all right.

We walked a little closer.

"I am sorry for all the pain and suffering I caused you. It will never happen again."

I could not say anything. I glanced at Paddy. He had an 'I don't believe you' look.

His grandmother came to the door and apologised then Caleb.

Caleb stood there waiting for an answer. He just stared at us. I shook my head and walked away. Paddy followed.

We walked directly to our quarters.

"I am sorry Paddy but I can not forgive them." He held me tight. "It is all right neither can I."

Liam and Lizzy knocked at our door. Paddy let them in.

"What did they want? All they would say was they wanted to talk to you."

"They apologised for what they did Grandpa."

"They did, did they? Did you accept their apology?"

"No Grandpa. Why?"

"Well if you had accepted their apology. They could ask for leniency on their sentence."

Paddy and I looked at each other.

"It will be a long time before I will ever forgive them, Liam."

"I know Kylie." He came over and hugged me. "But they will try."

"Good to know." Paddy said. "We will be prepared for the next time."

"I am glad you understand." Liam said.

"Is anyone hungry?" I asked knowing the answer.

I started cooking some chicken, potatoes and vegetables. Cassie, Samuel and Quinn arrived a short time later.

"Hey Mom. How is it going?" She smiled at me. I glanced at her. Her eyes were jet black. "It is going well. How are you feeling?"

"I feel like running at full speed across the country. I am finding it very difficult to control the urge." Paddy walked in behind her.

"Hey I have not seen you in a while. How are you doing?" He kissed her on the cheek. She turned to face him. Paddy just stared at his daughter's eyes. "Cassie?"

"Dad is it normal to have an urge to run across the country?"

"Um yes, its one of the first signs that your 'hell' is starting."

"Does this mean I have to leave Samuel alone here?"

"It is only for a short time. At least you will not be going through it when we are sailing across the ocean."