Untitled Part 69

He laughed.

"I have an hour before I leave."

"You mean we have an hour."

"No I do. You are not going. Actually you and Cassie are off patrols until the babies are born."

"All right Papa." I kissed him.

He just made in time for his patrol.

Annabelle, Cassie and I started making blankets and gowns for our babies. Mariela was almost a year old. We were teaching her how to knit. Melissa was sitting beside me learning how to make a baby's bonnet. She had made three so far. She was becoming very good at it.

Colleen would occasionally leave her with me when she was on patrol or when she was sleeping.

Quinn came up to the cabin with Leia. He looked worried.

"What is wrong Quinn?"

"I am not sure Mom but all of Leia's tribe are becoming ill."

"What is wrong with them?" I asked.

"I will show you." He brought Leia over to me. "Lift you dress." She did. There was a rash just above her leggings. I had an idea what it was but I would need to confirm it.

"Go find Scott, Quinn."

"I already looked for him. Grandpa said he left with his squad this morning."

"Cassie, Annabelle take Mariela and Melissa into the kitchen. I am going to take Leia to Mikalia."

"All right Mom."

"Quinn go ahead with Leia. I will be down in a moment."

"All right."

I watched them leave.

I walked to the doorway of the kitchen.

"Cassie, Annabelle wash everything in the common room that Leia touched. Make sure you bathe Melissa and Mariela too." I turned to leave. "Oh yes and stay up here."

I hurried down to the main level of the cave. I caught up to Quinn and Leia.
The Council and all their guests were having a friendly chat in the main chamber.

"Kylie it is good to see you."

"Thank you Councilman Klaus." I bowed to him. "I was wondering if it would be all right for me to speak privately with Mikalia."

"Yes of course if Mikalia does not object."

"No Senor. I am sure it is important."

We walked down to my quarters with Leia and Quinn. Mikalia did not say anything until the door was closed.

"What is wrong Kylie? You look so .... afraid."

"You will understand in a moment, Mikalia. Leia show Mikalia your belly please."

Leia shyly lifted her dress again. Mikalia said many things in Spanish.

"One day Mikalia you are going to have to teach me your language."

"One day. Do you know what it is?"

"How many have this rash, Little One?"

"Most of my tribe, Precious Love."

"Most ...." She turned to me. "Where is your healer Anna?"

"She is ...I am not sure Mikalia."

"Aunt Anna is in the kitchen with Katey." Quinn said.

"Can you go and bring her here Quinn?"

"Yes Mikalia." He left.

He was back with Anna a few minutes later.