Untitled Part 95

30

Our family went to eat Annabelle and I were standing at the Council chamber door. Wilbert came to us.

"Kylie. Annabelle. I would like to speak with the Council." He moved towards the door. "I am sorry Wilbert. You will have to wait until they come out. Right now they are conferring."

"But I have the trial information."

"I understand Wilbert but you must wait like everyone else."

There was a line to one side waiting to see the Council. He looked at them.

"But I ..."

"I am sorry Wilbert you have to wait." My eyes gave a warning look.

"Yes Kylie." He nodded then went to wait with the others.

A few hours later Councilwoman Cleo came out. "Kylie can you have Katey bring some food and drink for our fellow Council members." I smiled. "Yes I know it is odd to be asking for this." I nodded.

"Madam here is the list of people wishing to see the Council." I handed her a sheet of parchment.

"Thank you Kylie."

She went back into the chamber.

Quinn had finished his meal and was back on duty.

"Quinn go ask Katey to bring up food and drink for the new Council members." He smiled too. "Yes Mom." He left for the kitchen. He was back a few minutes later.

"John and Katey must have missed the voting. They were quite shocked that the Council asked for food. I told them who the new members were. They will be up shortly with some food."

The rest of the Elite Guard returned from their meal. Cory and Paddy took our places "Go and feed."

"There is food coming for the Council." All their faces dropped.

"That is a first," Shaun said, "and it will not be the last." He smiled.

Annabelle and I went to feed when we were on the way back. She said, "I have noticed that I am not so irritable with the animal blood. Was that the same for you?"

"I do not know the difference. I never had human blood."

"You never had ...?" She stared at me.

"No. Human blood makes me ill."

"How ...?"

"I have always fed on animals."

"Amazing I never knew that."

I stood beside Paddy. He signed. 'What is wrong with Annabelle?'

'She just discovered I never had human blood before.' He laughed.

"What is going on?" I asked him.

"The Council has started seeing the people that were waiting to see them." I nodded. I looked for Wilbert. "Where is Wilbert?"

"He is seeing the Council."

"How did he get in first? He was the last one on the list."

"The Council called him first."

"Oh?"

"He has all the information for the trials. The other people wanting to see them are the magistrates for the accused."

"I see."

The magistrates waited for an entire day before they saw the Council. It took another two days for the magistrates to plead their cases to them.