Untitled Part 27

"Do not do that." Cassie yelled. She jumped up. "Do not kiss my father." She slapped me across the face, she turned to Paddy. "Do not kiss my mother." And slapped him across the face then she ran into the woods.

We were both stunned.

"Do not worry. She will not remember." He jumped up and went after her.

"I hope not." I said to myself. I kept the fire going for the stew.

"Kylie?" I turned towards the voice. It was Samuel.

"What are you doing here?"

"I want to help Cassie through this." He looked a little worried.

"Just so you know, she will not remember too much of what is going on."

"I understand. She might not recognise me."

"It is a possibility. She keeps forgetting that I came with her." He nodded.

We heard a catfight off in the distance.

"I will go see what is going on."

"All right."

Samuel left his overcoat and walked into the woods. I heard a howl minutes later.

Paddy came walking out of the woods.

"Where is Cassie?"

"She has found a mate."

"It would not happen to be a wolf, would it?"

"Yes how did you know?" He said with surprise.

"Samuel is here. He came to help." I pointed to Samuel's coat.

"I thought I recognise the wolf but I was not sure. He knows she will not remember anything?"

"I told him."

Paddy put his arm around me. He kissed my neck then snuggled and purred. He was very tired.

"Chasing your daughter tires you out."

"Yes." He said sleepily. We went into the hut.

"Cassie has gone through so many phases in such a short time. We might be back home soon."

"Really?" He nodded. "The mating stage is at the tail end of the 'hell'."

"Oh? What comes after the mating stage?"

"Hunting is the big one with little side phases."

"Hunting? She already knows how to hunt."

"Yes as a vampire. Now she will hunt in her animal forms."

"How long does the mating phase last?"

"Usually a few weeks but she has gone through her minor phases so fast. I do not know anymore."

"I guess we will have to wait and see" I kissed him in between each word. He smiled. "I am not that tired."

We were in the middle of kissing when I heard Cassie and Samuel return to the village. "They are back." Paddy whispered. I nodded. I turned my head towards the doorway and sniffed. "Cassie is still in her animal form."