Untitled Part 71

19

Cassie, Annabelle and I were busy in the hospital. It had been five days since our friends became ill. About half of the them had died.

Quinn put himself in charge of disposing them. He had learned from Leia that they put their dead on burial platforms. He had found a quiet valley not too far from the cave for their final resting place.

He came down to see how many more he needed to build.

"Hello Mom how is it going?"

"Not very well Quinn. As soon as we move out the dead. We have more sick coming in."

"I noticed," He said, "I went by to see some of my friends and they are down here now."

"I am sorry Love."

"It is not your fault Mom."

"I know. I just do not know what else to say." He came and hugged me. He looked closely at me. "Mom you are falling asleep."

"I am going to bed as soon as I finish giving them their medicine."

"How many do you have to do?"

"This group here." I pointed to about fifteen people.

"Mom go to bed. I will finish it for you."

Paddy, Samuel and Cory walked in.

"What is the problem Quinn?"

"Mom needs to sleep."

"Yes I know that is why we are here."

Quinn, Barry and Walter took over for us. "Good night Ladies." We waved to them.

Quinn came up to the cabin a few minutes later. He looked a little uncomfortable.

"What is wrong Quinn?"

"Councilwoman Cleo sent me to bed. She said I have done enough in the last few days. I should not feel bad for going to have some sleep."

"Come on Quinn. There are extra beds upstairs." He nodded. We had something to eat then went to bed.

Paddy snuggled into my neck. He had his hand on my belly. He felt the fluttering of the baby. It did not take us long to fall asleep.

When I woke up a day and half later. Paddy was walking around the room gathering up his clothes. It was more like he was sneaking around.

"What are you doing?" I whispered.

"Oh! You are awake. I was trying to let you sleep a little longer."

"Why?"

He smiled then laid down beside me. "Because you looked so relaxed and peaceful." He said this in between kisses.

We stayed in bed for a little while longer.

"How long have we been asleep?" I asked after awhile.

"I have been asleep for a day like usual. You have been asleep for a day and half. Samuel and I went down to the kitchen to eat. Cassie was still asleep too." He looked shyly at me. "I can not believe we are going to be grandparents."

"And parents too."

"Yes I can hardly wait." He said excitedly.

We went to the washroom and bathed. Athos had it set up like the one in Loren. We always left a small bed of coals burning in the center of the stove and a couple pots of water heating on it.

Paddy and I both liked to soak together.

"Did you check the hospital to see how our guests are doing?"