"YOU will never be my mom." | PART 2

a/n: my previous book has been deleted by wattpad. i don't know why. i reached 233k reads so it suck a lot but my friend literally saved my life by keeping all of my one shots.

words count: 3,417

➵ ➵ ➵ ➵ ➵ ➵
hailee's pov

   When Y/N left the car, I thought she would come back right after. Or at least, during the evening. But she never came back home. The first night that I spent without her home, I wasn't worried that much. She knows Los Angeles by heart, she knows where to go if she wants to eat, she knows where to go if she wants to sleep, she knows where to go if she's sick. Y/N is not stupid. She's far from being stupid. She doesn't need to depend on someone to live.

   The next morning, I woke up feeling sick. I wasn't feeling well because Y/N still wasn't back home. She was still outside. She could be everywhere. If yesterday I wasn't worried, today's gonna be completely different. It's true that I wasn't there for Y/N when she was younger, and I still not there for her but.. In some ways, I cared about her. I mean, I gave birth to her, I'm her mom. A mother that never was there for her...

   I didn't bother to eat my breakfast and put my clothes on, brushing my teeth quickly. Neither did I do my makeup. I didn't need it. I needed to find Y/N. I jumped into my car and drove away from my house. While driving, I was looking everywhere in the streets and I was thinking at some places Y/N could be. It was raining like crazy so I doubt she was still outside with this weather. I know that Y/N is close with one of my friend, Jeremy Renner, so I drove to his house. Maybe she'll be there. He has a 14 years old daughter and Y/N hangs out with her a few times.

➵ ➵ ➵ ➵ ➵ ➵
y/n's pov

   I was walking under the rain of Los Angeles.
Rain was pretty rare in California but when it was raining, it wasn't just a little. There were torrents of water in the streets, the beaches were a complete mess, the pacific ocean was very agitated. Everything was terrible right now.
For once, there was nobody in the streets. They were all in their houses or working inside their buildings. Since the fight with my mother, I didn't come back home. I needed to be alone. I found a place to stay during the night. It wasn't like my bedroom, all comfy and clean, but at least nobody was annoying me. Of course my mother tried to call me and left texts but I never answered. My grandparents too. And also Griffin.

   As I was looking down at my feet, making every step under the rain harder than the previous one, I started to get cold. I was wearing the same clothes for three days now and I didn't have a proper shower either which is kind of disgusting to be honest. But I wanted to make her suffer just like she did to me. It may sounds sadistic, but it's true. If she didn't care a little, she wouldn't have spammed me of messages and calls. Tired of walking, my feet hurting too, I entered what looked like a bar/café and sat on a seat that was next to a window where I could watch the rain fall. There wasn't many many people but the ones that were already there weren't paying attention to me which was great. I was lost in my thoughts when the bartender came to me and cleared her throat. I turned my head to look at her with
obviously a tired and dirty face.

"What can I get ya, kid?" She asked, nicely.

"Vodka. Please."

"Ha, funny one. You know I can't do that.
You're not 21."

"People in Europe can drink at 18 so what's the matter? What's wrong with this country. They allow guns but they don't want young adults to drink?" I sighed, looking away once again. "Hot chocolate, please.. I'm freezing."

"Right away, young lady." She smiled and get back behind her bar, making my drink.
I took my phone out of my pocket and looked at the news in the county of Los Angeles. I was curious to know if my mother declared my disappearance or not. We never know when it's about Hailee Steinfeld.. I scrolled down a little bit and her name was on the big titles.