Watching YOU | PART 2

a/n: let's say the twins are 5, almost 6 and [Y/N] is around 22.

warnings: still a little bit of dark!hailee

words count : 4,004

— not proofread

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷
• Hailee's POV •

Before the big day at the beach, I decided to make a quick trip to Walmart. I wanted to pick up a few extra items for Lucas and Damian to be sure they had the best time possible. I grabbed my keys and headed out, my mind buzzing with thoughts of what might make the day even more special for them.

      Walking into Walmart, I grabbed a cart and headed straight for the toy section. "Alright, Hailee, let's find something fun," I murmured to myself, scanning the shelves. My eyes landed on a set of beach toys—brightly colored buckets, shovels, molds for sandcastles. Perfect. I tossed them into the cart, already picturing the boys' faces lighting up when they saw them.

      Next, I wandered over to the snacks aisle. I wanted to get a few treats. "What do kids love?" I wondered aloud. I picked out some gummy snacks, a bag of pretzels, and a couple of cookies. I figured a little extra sweetness wouldn't hurt. "Alright, that should do it," I said, feeling satisfied with my haul.

      Before heading to the checkout, I swung by the sunscreen aisle again, just to be sure I had enough. I picked up another bottle, thinking, "Better safe than sorry."

      At the checkout, I couldn't help but feel a twinge of excitement. I wanted them to see that I cared and that I was thinking about their happiness.

      Driving back home, I felt a sense of accomplishment. I had everything I needed for our beach day, and I couldn't wait to see the smiles on Lucas and Damian's faces when they will see the new toys and treats.

    The next day, I woke up early. Today was the day I was going to the beach with [Y/N] and her twins, Lucas and Damian. I was excited but also nervous. I wanted everything to be perfect.

      I stood in front of my closet, debating what to wear. "Okay, Hailee, nothing too flashy. Just keep it casual and comfortable," I muttered to myself. I settled on a pair of denim shorts and a white tank top, slipping a light hoodie over it in case it got chilly by the water. I grabbed my favorite sunglasses and a baseball cap, hoping it would help me blend in and keep my identity under wraps.

       Next, I focused on packing. "What do I need? Snacks, definitely. Water, sunscreen, towels..." I listed off items as I gathered them. I filled a cooler with bottles of water, juice boxes for the boys, and a variety of snacks—fruit, granola bars, and some homemade sandwiches. I made sure to include a few treats, thinking the boys might appreciate a surprise.

"Alright, what's next? Oh, sunscreen," I reminded myself, grabbing a couple of bottles. One for adults and one specifically for kids, making sure I was prepared for everyone. I threw in some beach toys I had picked up—a couple of buckets and shovels, thinking Lucas and Damian might enjoy building sandcastles.

      As I zipped up the beach bag, I took a deep breath. "This is going to be fun, Hailee. Just be yourself and enjoy the day." I looked at my reflection in the mirror, adjusting my cap. I could see the excitement in my eyes, but there was also a hint of anxiety. I wanted [Y/N] to see me as more than just a neighbor. I wanted to be someone she could rely on, someone who could bring joy to her and her boys.

      I checked the time and realized I needed to head out soon. Grabbing my keys and the packed bag, I made my way to the door. "You've got this," I told myself, feeling a surge of determination.