Chapter 23

Megha's POV

Jeet looked up as I banged the door to our room, on my way in.

I was glaring at him with all the anger inside. Jeet gulped on seeing me in this avatar.

" You are looking so beautiful, Jaan"

The pacifying tone and the timid smile was enough to raise my temperature. 

" Youuuu"

Before I could burst out, Jeet rushed to my side

" Jaan.... Relax. It is not good for you to get this much angry. Don't forget, you are not alone"

" Tell this to your Appachi. She is driving me crazy. Jeet, I can't take it anymore. She is behaving like I am a prisoner and she my jail warden" I whined

Even though he tried his best, I could see him controlling his laughter.  In frustration,  I threw the first thing that I could grab at him

" Hey...What did I do?"

" Laugh .... Laugh all you want. Don't forget that you too are responsible  for this. So if I am made to tolerate Appachi's rules then you have to tolerate my tantrums"

" That I would gladly do, not just now but forever" he replied with a loving smile.

All my anger and irritation vanished in split second in front of his simple declaration. 

" Jeeeeeet...." I moaned

" Oh my baby...."

He pulled me to his warmth to placate me. Never the one to miss an opportunity, I too cuddled further and let out all my complaints .

" Meenu Chechi is so intelligent . She made the perfect excuse to escape this jail"

I was wallowing at my misfortune  when I noticed Jeet looking at me like I have grown horns

" What?"

" You are unbelievable.  Meenu Chettathi  went to your home to take care of YOUR father , who by the way is not well"

His sarcastic tone was not lost to me .

" I know that but she didn't give me a chance to offer. I bet she was aware of the upcoming  torture that is why she jumped at the opportunity when Amma called"

" She offered because that was the most practical  solution.Ram Chettan can work from home while I cant" Jeet remarked

I scoffed at his explanation. From my view, she left me to hell while herself enjoying with our parents. Wait till she comes back, then I will show her who is Megha, as I silently planned my revenge.

His every explanations were wasted on me and finally he lifted his hands in surrender seeing me unrelenting on the topic.

" Fine.... you win.... but can you just drop this anger. I don't want my daughter to be an angry bird"

" Who told it is a girl? It will be a boy who will be on my team" I declared

" Girl, Jaan" Jeet was not one to relent on this topic especially

" Boy"

" Girl"

" Boy"

" Boy"

" Girl"

" Gotcha...." Jeet smirked on getting  his way while I pouted and turned away fuming

" Oh my Jaan.... Girl or Boy ..... I just pray for both of you to be healthy" he pacified me while pinching my cheeks to his hearts full.