Chapter 14

Megha's POV

"What is bothering you, Megha?"

I saw Meenu Chechi looking at me with concern but I just shook my head in no.

"Don't you dare lie to me. I have been noticing you for the past couple of weeks. My Megha who couldn't sit still for a moment is lost somewhere... What happened? You know you can share it with me."

"How did you realize that you loved Ram Chettan?"

Meenu Chechi  was startled by my question

" Why are you suddenly asking this question? Is there any problem between you and...." she trailed off

I could sense how her concern had turned to full blown worry so I rushed to pacify her.

" You are getting me wrong. I just wanted to know how we recognize that special person. Is there any special feeling? If so, what is it? How can we be sure of those feelings? How....." I stopped not understanding how to put forward my thoughts but she understood my dilemma afterall she is my sister.

" Megha, there is no hard and fast rule for love. Love is different for different people as it has many forms. It simply cannot be explained by logic.Nobody can tell anyone how you recognize  that special person or how you feel around them .  As each person has different characteristics, the feeling of love for them will also be different. But you need to be sure of three things"

Meenu Chechi stopped to make sure she had my full attention before continuing

" Do you see yourself with that person 5 ,10 ,15 or 20 years  from now.....? Do you wish to share your happiness, worry , hurt, sadness or anything else for that matter with that person first...? Do you have TRUST in that person to be with you when you stumble....? Ask these to yourself and you will get your answer"

After patting my hand encouragingly, she then left me to my thoughts.

Abhijeet's POV

I was driving as fast as I could.  I was leaving the office when I got the message from Megha. She had asked me to come urgently to the address she sent. It seemed serious. In the months that I have been married  to her, I know when she is serious then the matter might be really important.

As I reached the place, I found it be pretty much vacant.

" Megha.... Megha...." I called out while simultaneously calling on her mobile

Suddenly, the area became flooded with lights. Around me the whole place was decorated with hanging lights in the shape of moon and stars.

I glanced keenly on one star which felt out of place. There was something written on it.

Moon and Stars to brighten your way
Take a step forward to our beautiful haven...
Flowers will lead you, what say?
Don't stop till you reach your destination...

I looked down to see flower petals adorning the path. With a racing heart, I followed the path of flowers until I reached an open area further adorned with all sorts of lights and flowers . In the center, a floor sofa was set beautifully. I can also see a bottle of wine and food beside it.

I was overwhelmed by the  arrangements and called out to her while my heart was still beating  uncontrollably.

" Megha...Megha....Megh..."

My breathe hitched when I saw her  standing before me, all decked up in my favorite royal blue saree. She was looking absolutely  stunning.

As she walked towards me with that beautiful smile on her face, I tried to talk but no words were coming out. My mind was warning me not to assume things but this heart, it just threw caution to wind.