Chapter 67

Megha's POV

"Vave...We brought your brother home"

My anguished whisper echoed in the dark silent night.

With welled up eyes, I saw the brightest star light up more,  if possible.

The moment was bittersweet for me.  Even though my heart was rejoicing on finally bringing my Mehul home, a corner of it still mourns the loss of our precious gem.

"Amma...."

A shout from behind brought me out of my self induced stupor.

Surreptitiously wiping away the tears, I turned to see the most breathtaking sight of my life.

My Jeet walking towards me with our life, our Mehul.

" Amma..."

With that sweetest word, he jumped into my arms as they neared me.

I never thought to ever hear someone calling me with that in my life. It fluttered my heart as nothing ever could.

It was just one word but it holds my whole world in it.

" I also want to meet my Vava..." he said innocently while wiping away the stray tears that dared to cross the barriers.

Before Mehul, if anyone told me that we can fall in love every moment, I would have called them a lier. But being with my Mehul each and every second becomes a new experience.

With all these overwhelming emotions, I looked at Jeet, who was just staring at us with his heart in his eyes.

I felt like all the tears we shed was for this moment.

Blinking away the remaining tears, I got myself ready to meet my children with each other.

With a tight hold on him,I pointed to the twinkling star,

"There is your Vava...."

He followed my gaze and just like that his smile widened.

He then started waving and shouting at the top of his voice,

"Hi Vave....I am your brother, Mehul......"

Don't know how long he continued with his blabbering but we were content with listening to that sweet music.

In midst of all this,suddenly, his eyes widened.

" Acha....Amma....look it's winking at me..."

On his shout, Me and Jeet both turned to see that Mehul was right. Indeed the star was sparking as in reply. Both our eyes welled up as we shared an understanding smile.

His happiness was so contagious that a smile broke out on both our lips.

After wrapping his hands around both of us Jeet said,

"Of course, Mehul. Your Vava is also excited to see you"

"Really Acha..."

"Really Kanna" I added

"Kanna...?"

He turned that innocent eyes on me in confusion. Shifting him so that he is in between us I explained,

" That is our dear Vava" pointing to the star ," and this is our darling Kanna" I ended with my fingers pointing to his chest.

His eyes twinkled on hearing the new endearment for him.

In unison, me and Jeet kissed on his cheeks while his giggle filled the atmosphere with joy.

"Kanna loves you Vave.... " he  screamed out while wrapping his tiny arms around us.