Chapter 1

3 years later:

Abhijeet 's POV

She has become a butterfly. Moving from here to there , from there to someplace else. Her feet is not sticking to one place.

" Jaan.... Can you stay still for a few minutes... You are making ME dizzy"

" Stay still,Jeet? Lot of work is there to be done and I have not finished half of it"

" What was the need to call everyone here? Even then we could have ordered, what is this new madness to cook?"

" Come on Jeet... Everytime we go over to Meera's, sometime to Saahil's place too so its manners that we should organize a get together time to time"

" WOW...Jaan .... Manners really...I am officially  impressed " exaggerating my reaction

" You mean I am shameless" The scowl on her face was a sight to see.

" I didn't say that , you said" I replied while expertly dodging the cushion thrown at me.

Still giving me a glare she turned to go when I pulled her towards me and hugged her from behind.

" Dont be angry .... I was just teasing you...." I said while giving her my best puppy dog eyes which she can't resist

" Fine....no need for buttering...One day I will get cholesterol from all this butter" she gave back to me with attitude

I laughed out loud which was soon joined by her.

" I never thought that we will be truly happy after all that" Megha commented as she turned around to face me

" I agree.... We have to thank Meera and Adi for that even Saahil and Sapna"

" Oh Hello.... You have me to thank .... Afterall it was me who brought all of us together"

"I agree and I bow before you" I folded my hands in front of her gladly accepting my defeat.

" By the by what are you making?" I asked with curiosity

"All of Amma's special dishes. Today I called her up to get all the recipes....Please taste and tell me how it is made?" she dragged me to the dining table where I could see 7- 8 dishes.

" Have you made a sadhya for them?" I asked surprised

" Why not? In all these years, they are coming to our house for the first time. Even that is a shame so the least we could do is give them a proper Kerala Sadhya.... Come on ....taste and tell...."

I could only smile at Megha's excitement. 

I started tasting everything  one by one and truth be told she had surpassed all expectations.

" Its really good, Jaan"

" Only good..." Her face dropped, " I needed every thing to be perfect" she said with a cute pout

" Oh my darling wife, this is a feast that they will remember for ever" I replied while pinching her cheeks

" Really...? " she asked enthusiastically

" Really...." I then took a few steps backwards and still moving backwards I continued, " But Amma 's dishes are perfect"

Saying this I started running with a booming laughter evading the flying spoons and glasses.

A few hours later, I was helping out Megha in setting out the table when I heard the constant ringing of the doorbell.

" Coming...." I yelled but the ringing continued

" Stop it Saahil...."

Saying this, I opened the door to our friends Meera, Adidev, Saahil and Sapna.

" Can't you wait for 1 minute? " I questioned Saahil

" How did you know it was me ringing the bell? " he instead asked me curiously

" Because Megha is inside"

" Not funny" he scowled  at me while the others suppressed their laughter

" I was being serious" I replied with a straight face

" Megha....Megha.... see what your husband is saying? " Saahil yelled for Megha as he stormed inside

Shaking my head at his antics, I invited Saahil's wife Sapna, Meera and her husband Adidev inside

" What did you say about us, my dear husband?" I heard the omnious voice of his partner in crime  

I turned to see both of them scowling  at me.

Before I could reply , Adi came to my rescue.

" Abhi only said the truth... "

They both turned their glare at him but with a smirk he continued,

" It is a fact that you both are juvenile"

I closed my eyes in defeat anticipating  the upcoming banter but Meera  intervened at the right time.

" We just reached here and you three have started. Stop bickering right now? " Meera scolded  before the other two could retaliate, " When you three come together, you all are worse than Arsh"

" I agree. At least now you behave a little maturely.  You are a father now,Saahil" Sapna added

"There is no use talking to them. Have they ever listened  to us in the past that they will do it now" I commented

"What did we do? " Saahil inquired with an innocent face

" Being a father doesn't mean that we have to be always serious" Megha came to his support

" I agree, these three should relax more . Don't you think so?" Adi threw the question to the other two culprits

" I knew it. If we make even the slight mistake of calling out any one of you , then you three becomes a team otherwise eat our heads with your squabble" Meera said with fake disapproval while the three in question gave a sheepish smile.

It has been always like this. Me , Meera and Sapna being referee to the other three but that makes our friendship all the more special.

While Megha and others indulged in their talks, my mind went back to the beginning.

Megha was right about one thing that she was the one who brought this group together. Once she met Meera then there was no going back. If I believed in reincarnation then I would have believed that they both were soulmates in previous  life. Please note my sarcasm.

Through them only I met Adi and his best friend Saahil. Over the years , we all developed a bond that has become very precious to us.

Somehow, this helped me and Megha to forget the wounds on our souls.

Hearing Megha's laughter, my lips automatically  curved into a smile and send a silent prayer to keep this happiness in her life always.

Suddenly, my phone rang. Looking  at the display, the smile disappeared to be replaced by a frown. 

After rejecting the call and keeping a fake smile on my face, I joined the others fully knowing that our life may change in the upcoming days.