Chapter 60

Megha's POV

" I destroyed everything....This is all my fault"

I couldn't help lamenting myself witnessing the heartbreaking scene.

The three brothers were huddled together with varying degrees of emotions.

Raj Chettan was still in shock while one look at Ram Chettan  was enough to deduce the extent of his anger. But my Jeet was completely shattered.

"We should not have come back. At least, this horrible truth would not have come to light and destroyed everyone's peace"

" For how long ,Megha? One day or the other, the truth will come out. It is just God decided to bring it out through you"

Though Meenu Chechi's words were comforting to an extent but I couldn't get ride of my guilt.

"But I should have left the matter then and there after Chettathi's revelation. If so then this day could have been avoided"

"What do you mean,Megha?" Anita Chettathi asked curiously

Abhijeet's POV

"Is there anything else left? Did we really know our parents?"

We looked at each other. Except for the immense void in our hearts , we found no answer to Ram Chettan's questions.

"It would have been better if I have not instigated Amma." I added as I recalled the events of few hours ago

" How is it better? For more than three decades, the truth was hidden like a dirty secret. But they forgot the speciality of truth, as hard as we try to  hide it, it comes out at the worst time in the worst way possible." Raj Chettan stated in a cold manner

"But Chetta....Acha....our Acha...."

The turmoil in my heart was not diminishing instead increasing with each passing moment as flashes of Acha's lowered head passed across my mind.

"We cannot change the past,Abhi . We can either accept it or not. It is now not simply the matter of you or me. It is much much bigger...."

"Just imagine how long this matter would have remain hidden if not for you ,Abhi. They may be cursing their bad luck" Ram Chettan supplied sarcastically

"It was not luck but planned"

The brothers turned their eyes towards me on my statement.

Megha's POV

"What...!"

Both the ladies yelled out scaring me.

"Shhhh...."

I looked towards the boys who were unaware of their audience

"What is really going on, Megha?"

Meenu Chechi's voice was stern while Chettathi asked with concern

"So...Abhi....did....didn't....I ....mean"

I internally smiled at her nervousness  but clarified

"No, Abhi didn't have any surgery. He just said that to goad Amma"

"But why?"

I could see that Chettathi also shared the same confusion as Meenu Chechi. So I explained my doubts regarding Amma and Mehul.

" We just wanted to know whether she was hiding more than she was telling us. We thought if she knew Jeet is also in the same boat as me then maybe in her anger she may disclose the real reason of her vehemence towards Mehul's adoption. But the outcome was in another tangent altogether...." I explained  satirically.