Chapter 52

Author's POV

"Enough is enough,Anita. It is high time that they all know the truth"

Priya's words were laced with outrage especially after her altercation with Megha.

Even though Anita was trying her best to calm down this volcano from erupting, it looked all futile.

"Priya, you promised me that nobody I meant NOBODY will get a whiff of the truth" Anita reminded her being at her wit's end

"But for how long? I do not have your patience,Anita. I agree I owe Abhi but that does not mean I will sacrifice my self respect. I was ready to endure their indifference but not insult. Abhi being Abhi still stop with a look but Megha does not mix her words"

Releasing an exasperated sigh, Anita looked at Priya exhausted

"They are just fishing, goading us to spill the truth."

"So why can't we? They have a right to know. With the way Megha is behind, I don't think we will be able to hid it for long"

"Yes, it is their right . Why do you think I worked so hard to bring Abhi-Megha back. Before anyone, they should be made aware but now my hands are tied "

"To hell with it, Anita. In all this you are spoiling your married life. Don't think, I have not noticed the way you keep yourselves away from Raj. You have become closed off, first in guilt then in fear of spilling out the truth. If this is not fair to Abhi and Megha , then how is it fair to you and Raj. At least you know the truth, poor Raj does not even know for what he is getting punished ,blaming himself for all the wrong reasons." Priya further blasted out

"If it has been just about us, I would not have hesitated but it involves emotions of many innocent lives. It is not like I didn't think of confiding in Raj, I did, multiple times but somehow my courage just vanishes in front of him. I thought it would all be better if it could be sorted without hurting anybody but it feels like a distant dream. "

Anita's subdued tone was reflective of her mental state. All the lies and hidden truth were finally taking a toll on her health.

"This is a chakravyu from where there is no way out without hurting anyone. It just is a matter of priority" Priya asserted

"There is no question of priority. It was, is and always will be Raj but that is my dilemma. Whatever decision I take, Raj will be hurt the most. "

"You are just delaying the inevitable "

Priya softened her voice while again stating the fact.

"Maybe but until I have this under control, I don't want anyone to know the truth" Anita declared with determination

"Too late, Chettathi "

Both Anita and Priya jerked around to face Abhi, Megha, Raj ,Ram and Meenu.

The look on their faces confirmed to Anita that they all were privy to their exchange

"Don't.....don't try to lie your way out" Raj's voice boomed out silencing Anita before she could offer any excuses.

"Chettathi, we have listened enough but instead of answers we are only piled with more and more questions. My head is throbbing with all these unanswered questions and assumptions. Please tell us exactly what is going on. No more excuses.... please...."

Megha pleaded with folded hands and eyes shimmering with unshed tears.

Anita glanced around. Each one of their faces showed varied emotions but one emotion stood out, the determination to stand together, come what may.

"Chettathi, who is behind our rejection for adoption and how is Priya involved in all of this?"

The straightforward questions from Abhi was least expected. He has zeroed onto the crux of the problem as this whole web was mainly built around that one incident. There was now no going around it. It is either here or there.

Anita's eyes clashed with Priya who gave a slight nod encouraging her to open the Pandora's box.

With a deep breathe, Anita finally decided to speak up, hoping against hope that the destruction it may leave behind will be as minimal as possible.

"I was behind the rejection and Priya is now here on MY request"