Chapter 19

Abhijeet's POV

Today is the most important day of my life. One year back, a devious angel came into my life changing it for the better.

The moment I met her, I knew she is special but never imagined that she would have me wrapped around her fingers in such a short time.

Everybody brushes her off mainly due to her nonsensical attitude but I am aware how this hides a person of immense strength and compassion.

From the moment she became mine , it has been a truly remarkable journey.

I woke up to the beautiful sight of my wife cuddling beside me. Last night was a dream come true. Finally,I became hers in every sense.

Her twitching and turning brought me out of my thoughts and saw that her blanket had slipped down exposing her naked shoulders to me. It also revealed her neck, proudly carrying my hickeys. I couldn't resist myself from kissing her shoulders while my hands removed the hairs disturbing my full view of her.The little pout on her lips were making her irresistible and were beckoning me to taste them but instead I buried my head in the crook of her neck inhaling her scent to my heart's content

Sensing my movement, she wrapped her hands around and pushed her more towards me such that she was partially lying on top of me. Feeling her naked self on myself, I found my self control hanging by a thread when I heard her murmer,

" What more will it take to get a morning kiss from one's own husband"

I looked at her wide eyed

She opened her eyes and burst out in laughter seeing my expression.

" You were awake the whole time ?" I asked with my eyes shooting daggers at her

" Of course" she said matter of factly.

Then in a seductive move, holding the blanket over her she moved closely to me and whispered with a sexy undertone,

" Hats off to you, I would never have expected you to have this much CONTROL"

" You...." I screamed and before she could escape , I caught her in my arms and kissed her like there was no tomorrow.

The phone rang bringing me out of my sweet memories.

My lips automatically curved as I saw the name of my angel.

"Are you always this impatient? Even I am but what to do, I have this work to finish before I can leave. The thought of you in my bed at the end of the day is the only thing keeping me sane but also making me insane" I started flirting mercilessly without giving her a chance to speak.

"Really..?"

My hand slipped while my mouth was gaping like a fish out of water hearing the voice from the other end.

My heartbeat stopped for a second. Embarrassed will be a very very short word to my predicament.

" Amma, What are you doing with Megha's phone?" I finally found words still cringing over what I spoke earlier.

"My phone's battery was down so Megha offered hers but I learned my lesson"

"What lesson?" I frowned over her statement

"Never call your married son from his wife's phone..... Only my Krishna can now help me to unhear your words"

Amma was in full roll. I could hear the smirk in her voice but she forgot one thing, I am afterall her son.

" What is Acha going to do to help you with this?"

I know I hit the bull's eye when I heard her gasp from the other end. I couldn't prevent the naughty smile from spreading over my face.

" Abhi, aren't you ashamed to talk like this with your mother?" She retorted back in fake anger.

" Wah Amma, you can tease me but I can't. Thats double standards "

" I am your mother. There is a big difference "

I could feel she was surprised over my bantering.

" Yes, you are my mother first but now you have become my friend, right. So I do have the right to tease you back" I argued

" When did I become your friend?" She asked puzzled

" The moment you helped my wife in making me jealous"

There was a profound silence while I waited with a winning smile.

" Who told you? Ram or Raj?"

Now it was my turn to be flabbergasted. Releasing a deep sigh as in disappointment I replied,

" They both knew.... Traitors .... thats what you all are. You all conspired against me. Your own blood ...Ellam Vyarthamaya Manushya Bandhangal "

( Loose Translation: There is no use of having any expectation from any human relations)

" Abhi, don't take out your drama with me. Remember I am still your mother "

Hearing her chastising me, I could only grin

" By the way, for your information you dear daughter-in -law only revealed your secret, my dear mother"

" There is no use in helping her in anything. Nothing stays in her stomach" Amma grumbled

I laughed at her vexed state.

" Now, will you do the honor to tell me what made you call me sooo urgently" I asked on remembering she never calls me until it is important.

I have already concluded it is not any emergency noticing her jovial mood.

" See you made me forget the important matter"

I rolled my eyes on her denial of her equal involvement as I listened to her rebuke

" Abhi, except for Megha we all are going to attend a party of your Dad's friend. We will be late. "

" You called me to tell this?" I asked with disbelief

"Of course, I wanted to assure you that you will be free to romance your wife to your heart's fill without any disturbance on your first anniversary"

Before I could counter her shocking statement, she disconnected the call.

I was astounded by the actions of my family but happy too. Never have I seen such a family. I am truly blessed.

Now I can't wait for the evening ahead. Thinking about the same my face beamed as my eyes twinked with mischief.