Chapter 37

Abhijeet's POV

" They really are stress busters, aren't they?"

I jerked around in surprise to see Ram Chettan.

"Don't look too surprised. The in charge here called up Megha asking why she is not coming while you have been a regular visitor for the past few days "

I looked away disinterested. 

Even when my eyes were on the kids, I could visualize the smirking  face of Chettan.

" What...!" I asked in irritation, not able to take the silent scrutiny.

"My brother, Abhi is the most patient amongst us three. He is not one to run away.... "

Saying this he placed his arm in a comforting  gesture around my shoulders.

"I know you are angry with Megha but avoiding her is not the solution."

" I am not angry at her...."  I replied with tear filled eyes, "...however I won't lie that I am not hurt.....but I am not angry."

" It's been a week ,Abhi. Why are you evading her if you are not angry at her?" His tone was gentle and reassuring

" I hu...rt her , Chetta.... I hu...rt my Ja..an.... I am not a..ble to look in the mir..ror then how will I fa..ce her?" I questioned in a shakily voice laced with regret

"You are hurting me,Jeet"

Like a broken reel, that moment is flashing in front of my eyes every waking hour and each time, it shatters my heart further.

" You didn't do anything on purpose. YOU were angry...."

I laughed out sarcastically interrupting him.

"I was in rage when I hit her, I didn't mean to ........
I was drunk and not in my senses, otherwise I would never hurt her....."

Ram Chettan stared at me quizzically  at my sudden rant.

" Wrong is wrong Chetta.... Anger is not an excuse to hurt ANYONE....
...... NO ONE has that right. " I burst out with all the pent up agony

After my tirade, we just sat there in silence. His company giving me an unspoken solace.

The serenity in the air was also doing wonders to the haywire emotions in me.

"After a hectic day, one look at Karthi is enough to wipe out the tiredness and boost me up"

Dumbfounded at the sudden turn of conversation, I glanced at Chettan perplexed.

He gave me a sweet smile and pointed towards HIM.

I turned my gaze towards HIM, then back to Ram Chettan.

"What....."

KARTHI, the name registered in my mind, before I could voice out my question.

As understanding dawned, a 100 watt smile spread across my face as the torrent of emotions finally met their imminent end.

Once again I glanced at HIM but this time with all the love in my heart.