all mine.

*Kaia's POV*

Caitlin had already left and made it to Kansas. The first thing I did when they left was take her car to go get Elise. We hung out at the apartment and decided to have a 'sleepover' there since the dorm was small.

I was having trouble falling asleep tonight so I decided to go and chill in the living room since Ellie was already asleep. I wanted to text and call Caitlin, but I knew that she had to be asleep by now.

I scrolled on my phone before getting a glass of water. I heard my phone ring on the counter before grabbing it to see who it was. It was Caitlin.

*on the phone* -Caitlin - Kaia-

"Why are you awake?"

"Why are you?"

"I can't sleep. It's hard without you here."

"I know. That's why I called."

"Where are you at?"

"The lobby. I came down here to get a snack and thought about you."

"I don't want you to get in trouble. Thank you for checking in on me."

"Go get some sleep pretty."

"Only if you do too."

We end up saying goodbyes and hanging up the phone. I make my way back into the bedroom and climb into her bed.

*next morning*

I woke up before Elise did, I went into the kitchen to find Caitlin went to the store before she left to make sure there was stuff for me to eat. I gathered all the stuff to make a smoothie bowl.

I sit at the island and eat while scrolling on social media. I see the gameday post from the Iowa WBB Instagram account, it was a cute picture of Monika and Caitlin.
_________________________
                           lovie🤍
_________________________
                                  good luck at the
                                  game tonight. i'll
                                  be watching. i love
                                  you<33

Ik you will. I
love you more
pretty<3
_________________________

Elise walks out of the room and makes some cereal. She heads back into the room to get ready for class. I get ready for the gym before my class.

I grab my things and head out the door, down to Cait's car. I make my way to the gym playing my pre workout playlist. I get to the gym and put the car in park before sending a snap to Caitlin.

I go inside and start to do my workout. I plan on running a little more today since I have been slacking on cardio lately. Since I'm going to do more cardio I decide to focus on upper body and core as well.

I pick out which machine I start on and power my way through all the sets. I continue on with all the exercises, before heading to the treadmill to do a few miles.

After the workout I head back to the apartment to take a shower before logging on to my online class. I change into one of Caitlin's hoodies and a pair of shorts. Her hoodies are just top tier.

*time jump*

Caitlin's game is about to start so I'm sitting in the living room watching on the big screen. I'm still in my clothes from earlier, but I'm cuddled up with Caitlin's blanket. Monika is lined up for the tip-off.

The game starts and of course the announcers are talking a lot about Caitlin. I mean she is basically the face of women's basketball right now. The first half was actually pretty good. They finally got into a rhythm after a few minutes making shots and assists. The score was 47-43 Hawkeyes at the half.

The score of the game stays close the whole time, going back and forth throughout the third quarter. In the fourth quarter we were able to keep a lead, until the end. They tied the score and got a foul. The girl made one of the free throws putting them ahead with 3.8 seconds left.

Iowa gets the ball back at half court, Caitlin receiving it. She goes down trying to pass the ball, not getting back up. My heart drops into my stomach. I don't even catch the last seconds of the game because all I can focus on is Cait.

She's slow to get up, the announcers talking about her ankle. Thankfully they get her up off the floor, but she's clearly in pain. All I want to do is go be with her, but I know I can't.

I text her to let her know that I love her and everything will be okay. She texts back saying that they think she just tweaked it again, nothing bad but she's going to have to rest a little more. I feel bad because not only did she get hurt but they lost by 1. She calls me when she gets back to the hotel.

*on the phone* -Caitlin - Kaia-

"Hi." she says, her voice raspy from crying.

"Hi baby. Are you okay?"

"Yeah. It just sucks."

"I know. I'm sorry."

"It's okay, I just wish you were here."

"Tomorrow. Try and get some rest tonight, make sure you eat."

"Yes ma'am. I love you Kaia Brooks."

"I love you CC."

She hangs up the phone and I head back into her bed. It was a pretty late game tonight so I just scrolled on bed until I fell asleep. I'm just happy my girl comes home tomorrow.

*next day*

I woke up so giddy this morning. I felt like a little girl on Christmas morning. I know it was only a few days but with her ankle I just felt like she needed to be here. I woke up pretty early because I couldn't stay asleep.

I decided to make some coffee before starting to be productive and do some homework. I started working on a paper for one of my classes when Caitlin texts me letting me know they're on their way home.

I decided to go to the store to get some stuff for her when she gets back. I went to target and got the stuff to make cookies. I also got some to stuff to take care of her tonight and then made my way to a custom jewelry shop to get her something.

I walked in and asked if they could make a bracelet with my initials on it, similar to my necklace. They said it would take an hour, so I placed the order and took the stuff home to put in the fridge.

After about an hour I head back and pick up her bracelet. It's literally perfect and I know she is going to be obsessed with it. I get back home and put all her gifts together . I lay in her bed until she gets home.