liberty lover.

*i fucked up bc idk when shit actually happens apparently, pretend this is before the graduation. sorry*

*Kaia's POV*

It was finally the night of the WNBA Draft. Caitlin and I had flown out to New York a few days ago. We had spent the past couple of days exploring the city, visiting popular tourist locations. But tonight, we were sitting with her family as the Draft was about to start.

Caitlin was wearing a matching set, black dress pants with a black blazer, a white cropped tee underneath. Of course she wore a pair of Nike Dunk Lows for some added color. I on the other hand was dressed in an opened back, black long sleeve dress. It fit my body perfectly, my hair in a low bun. Wearing my basic black heels for some added height.

While Caitlin and I were still not out to the public, me being here at the draft with her was a non-negotiable for her. And frankly, I wouldn't miss this even if I was dying. There was a lot of press involving Caitlin, as well as close friend of ours Paige, and other excelling athletes from their graduating class. All very deserving.

The only thing that sucked was that we wouldn't really be able to fully share the moment, with obvious cameras on us. It didn't really bother me much anymore because I knew that when the time was right, everyone would know I was hers. We sat next to each other, her mom and dad on the other side.

"I'm so proud of you." I whispered as I rubbed her hand that was laying on my thigh under the table. She turned and looked to me, nodding her head as she blew out a breath of nerves.

"With the first overall pick of the 2024 WNBA Draft, the New York Liberty selects... Caitlin Clark from the University of Iowa!" the announcer says. A camera man immediately appears, getting a shot of Caitlin and her parents hugging, then her and her brothers. She hugs me, a huge sigh of relief knowing she was picked first. I knew in my heart she would, especially after the numbers she put up all four years.

We celebrated the night away and spent the next few days exploring what would be her new home come the season starting. It stung just a little knowing that she was going to be far away, but she was chasing her dream and healing her inner child.

kaiaabrookss
New York City

kaiaabrookss New York City