party pooper.

*Caitlin's POV*

We had practice this morning since it is New Year's Eve. The plan tonight was to go out for a little bit downtown with Monika, Kate, Gabbie, and McKenna.

I walked into the apartment and noticed an extra pair of shoes by the door. I headed towards the living room to see Elise and Kaia laying on the couch watching t.v. with Luna.

"There she is!" Elise says as Luna runs to me. I sweep her up in my arms before filling up her food and water bowl. I hear shuffling behind me as Elise gets up to get a water bottle from the fridge.

I head over to Kaia on the couch who is half asleep. I plant a kiss to her forehead and let her know I'm taking a shower.

I walk out into the room after my shower and change before heading out to the living room. Kaia is still asleep on the couch, but Elise left so I sit with her until she wakes up.

"Babe?" she questions, her voice raspy.

"Yes?" I reply. She doesn't say anything, she starts to get up and repositions herself on top of me, before laying back down. "why are you so tired baby?"

"Helped Ellie pack for her trip last night." she replied shutting her eyes. I nod my head before grabbing the remote and turning on the t.v. to watch something.

*time jump*

"Babe you need to eat something." I say as she starts to wake up. She nods her head in agreement as I get up to make her food. "Pasta?"

"Mhm hmm." she says before getting up to go to the bathroom. She comes back out in different clothes and her hair fixed. She sits down at the island in front of me waiting for the food.

"Are we still going out tonight?" I ask.

"Duhh!" she says with a smile on her face. I set the food down in front of her and we eat together just talking about everything recently.

"Kaia."

"Yes?"

"Move in with me." I say looking into her eyes. She looks confused, like she can't tell if I'm joking or not. "I'm being serious, move in with me."

"Are you sure? I mean what about Ellie, the dorm, Monika-" she starts to ramble. I walk closer to her and place a kiss to her lips, my hand sliding up the side of her neck. "What was that for?"

"You were rambling and that was the only way to get you to stop. Plus I like kissing my girlfriend." I say shrugging my shoulders. "I'll give you time to think about it."

"Wait. Yes, but I'll have to tell Ellie." she says with a grin on her face. She stands up as I place my hands on her waist.

"Yeah?" I say in a whisper with a smile on my face.

"Yeah." she replies before our lips touch. The moment lasts forever, her arms wrap around my neck as I pick her up, wrapping her legs around my waist.

"I love you. I love us." she says with a smile on her face. I can't help but look from her eyes to her lips. I place her down on the counter, pulling her close. Our lips touching gently. As our kiss deepens my hands travel up her body, under her shirt.

We pull away only long enough to catch our breaths before our lips meet again. As I'm about to lift her from the counter I hear voices behind the door.

"Shit." I say backing away from her. Her eyes widen as she gets down from the counter. Just as she does the door flings open to Monika and Kate. Kate immediately realized the tension but Monika was still talking.

"Oh my god." Kate says holding her hand to her eyes. I press my lips together in an attempt to suppress my laughter.

"What Kate- oh my god." Monika says finally realizing. "Seriously Caitlin, the counter?" she says with a look of disappointment.