bittersweet.

*Kaia's POV*

Getting ready this morning was bittersweet. Today was probably one of the hardest days I would experience for a while. Don't get me wrong, I'm so proud of everything Caitlin has done and accomplished here at the University of Iowa, but today is hard.

Finishing the last curl in my hair as I start on my makeup. Putting on a light layer of concealer, some blush on my cheeks and nose, and some mascara before throwing on some Aquaphor. I headed out of the bathroom and into the bedroom where Caitlin stood, getting dressed in a white jumpsuit. She was wearing her Birkenstocks and her hair down as she was putting on her cross necklace.

I couldn't help but stand, watching my beautiful girlfriend on one of the biggest days of her life. To say I am proud of her would be an understatement. She worked so hard for this moment and I am lucky she's willing to share it with me.

"Baby, can you help me with this?" she asks, fiddling with her bracelet.

"Of course, I love you." I say as I walk over to her, helping her clasp the bracelet I gave her a year ago. I couldn't help by smile at my girl, my eyes starting to fill with tears.

"I love you." Caitlin whispered as she placed her hand on my cheek, a soft smile on her lips. The warmth of a tear on my cheek as her thumb gently wiped it off.

"I'm so proud of you." I said, closing my eyes to keep the tears from falling. Caitlin pressing a soft kiss to my forehead.

"I know baby." she said against my skin, pressing another kiss. Caitlin pulled away slowly, finishing grabbing her stuff as she left to make it on time. I had to change and then meet with some of the team. I put on a green midi dress that had a small slit. I grabbed my keys, phone, and wallet and headed down to my car.

Heading to the nearest floral shop to get Cait some flowers before heading to Syd and Kylie's apartment. The rest of the team was there, waiting for when it was time to leave. After about 30 minutes we all left, heading to the stadium.

Finally getting in the stadium with the rest of the girls, I sat down looking for Caitlin. There she was, sitting in her cap and gown. I know I've said it multiple times already but I have never been more proud of her in my life.

"Caitlin Elizabeth Clark." The announcer said as she started to walk across the stage. The girls around me cheering as she shook hands with the President, grabbing her diploma. My hands gliding across my cheeks, wiping away my tears as a smile grew on my face. She did it. My baby did it.

Once the ceremony had ended, we grabbed our things and headed out of the stadium to find Caitlin. I was talking to Syd when her expressions changed. I turned around to see what happened and there she was. She looked so cute.

"Hi baby." I said, my arms spread out for a hug as she walked closer.

"Hi my love." she replied as she hugged me, placing a kiss to the crown of my head. A smile splayed across my face. I handed her the flowers, and she shook her head smiling. "You did not need to get me flowers baby."

"You deserve them." I said shrugging my shoulders. She pulled me in for a second hug, placing a quick kiss to my forehead. We talked with Kate and Gabbie, who also graduated today. I'm just so thankful that I got to meet all of these people and be apart of their lives.

The only thing that sucks is now Cait is officially done with school, but I still have a year left. Thankfully I am graduating early so it's only a year, but what does that mean for our relationship?

I know Caitlin is going to declare for the draft, but where will she go? Who is going to get the first pick? I'm just worried that it won't work out. I love this girl with everything in me and I don't want to lose her. We made our way to the car, Caitlin reading me like a book.

"What's wrong?" she says turning to me. I just shake my head, not wanting to ruin her day. "Kaia please, what's wrong?"

"I just- what happens now? I mean, you're done. You're gonna go to the draft and most likely move across the country. What happens to us now?" I say, my voice breaking at the thought of us ending. Caitlin turns to me, placing her hand on the side of my cheek. Her thumb tracing circles on my face.

"Nothing happens. Nothing will change Kaia. I love you, god I am so in love with you. If we have to do long distance, then we do long distance. I will fly you out to my games if need be. But I plan on being with you forever my love." she said looking into my eyes. I can see tears starting to build in hers, just barely brushing her waterline. I let out a breath I didn't realize I was holding as she places a kiss to my lips, then my forehead. "Now let's go home."

Luckily our lease wasn't up until before school started, but I was most likely going to just renew it for the next school year. We made it back to the apartment we shared and made dinner together. We enjoyed each others company all night, taking in the time we shared and enjoying our memories together.

nottkaiaaa

tagged @notcc

tagged @notcc.22

tagged @gabsmarsh @notcc

tagged @gabsmarsh @notcc.22 @k.mar10

liked by notcc.22 k.mar10 and 200 others

nottkaiaaa so so so proud of my girls

notcc.22 My favorite girl🤍 pinned
-nottkaiaaa <3333

k.mar10 i love u twin
-nottkaiaaa i love uuuu

gabsmarsh my sweet girl🫶🏼🫶🏼
-nottkaiaaa i love u gabs

A/N:
thinking abt cc graduating makes me so sad☹️☹️

also ik gabbie and kate alr graduated, buttt let's pretend they didn't😋

there are going to be a lot of time jumps in the next couple chapters soooo! yay!