Baby Blue

"Blue?" Kurt shouted from the other room. The small child looked up at Blaine with a puzzling look "Daddy I have been wondering. Where did my nickname come from?"

This is when Kurt walked in the room "Blue?! Oh there you are. Sweetie you really need to start answering me have you put your toys away?" She nodded "Blaine why are you laughing?"

He smiles "she asked about her nickname so I was just remembering the day." Kurt seemed to understand and smile to "Well it was a couple months after you were born we had two buckets of light blue paint because we were redecorating."

Blaine picked his daughter up and put her on his knee "You begin the curious girl that still to this day are went over to said buckets of paints. Papa was very stressed because Auntie Rach was having a bit of a problem. This meant you weren't 100% being supervised because I was working in our room."

She put her hand on her mouth "No way? How daddy?"

Kurt giggled "Well I had opened on of the paintings to check it was the right blue and that is when I got the call from Auntie Rach. When I came back into the living room there you were covered head to toe in light blue paint. I have a picture somewhere but I'm sure you can imagine how you looked. Daddy heard me scream because I'm over dramatic."

Blaine nods "But that's part of the reason I love you." And gave him a smile "Anyway I thought something really bad had happened so I rushed into the room I'm a panic but then I saw you and started laughing. Papa over here started crying so I gave him a hug but he didn't like that because I was still laughing."

Blaine POV (Flash Back)

"Oh come on, it's funny she's baby blue." Something else must be wrong because there is no way it is this. I pick Tracy up not caring about the paint "Now let's get this little rascal in the bath."

*******
Kurt walks into the bathroom "You guys ok?"

I laugh a little while putting a towel around Tracy "Yes Baby blue is not blue anymore. But the real question is are you ok?"

Kurt sighs "Yeah I'm fine. Did you notice her smile when you called her Baby blue."

I nod "I have for the past 20 minutes when I've been trying to de-blue her. I feel like blue is a better name! Why did we not call her blue?"

Kurt shook his head "Absolutely not is the name blue gonna stick."

*****
(Third person present day)

Blaine giggles as he finished the story "You were so wrong."

Tracey laughs as well "Papa if you didn't like Blue then why do you call me blue?"

She had a great point "Well I like it now but at the time I didn't but like daddy said it would stick and everyone would love it. Including me."

She nods "I love it too."

Blaine and Kurt both kiss her on the cheek they were closes too and said in unison "And we love you."