Chapter 7: Long Live

Long live all the mountains we moved
I had the time of my life fighting dragons with you
I was screaming, "Long live the look on your face"
And bring on all the pretenders
One day we will be remembered

~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~

May 8, 2001

"Goooo Greyhounds!" Cyan cheers in greeting as he and Indie spot Blaise, Daphne, and Connie in the crowd of muggles.

"We're Richmond till we die! We're Richmond till we die!" Connie giggles as she pulls in Cyan for a hug.

"Are you ready for today's match?" Indie asks and nudges Blaise's shoulder.

"He's been nervous all week," Daphne cuts in casting a side-eye to her sheepish husband.

It was no secret that Blaise's mother was incredibly wealthy, and by extension so was Blaise. He had used some of his inheritance to open up a fashion label that was established in the muggle and wizarding world with Daphne starting out as a model and then later into a management position. One of the first things Blaise did when he got his first paycheck was purchase a minority share in the A.F.C Richmond football club. After the war Blaise had tried to immerse himself into the muggle culture, watching football was one of the first things he did and he had become an avid fan. The majority owner, Rebecca Walton, was a lovely woman and had allowed Blaise to use a few more seats in their personal box for Indie and Cyan. Today was the last game of the season and Richmond was in second place, just under Manchester City, whom they were playing today. Richmond was down two points but a win today would secure them the league title.

Indie had gone to a few games throughout the years and she too came to love the sport. Blaise had enough of their standing around and began to lead them to their seats for today. Blaise handed everyone a VIP band around their wrists in order to let them access to the owner's box. And after stopping to go to the lavatory, and grab some food and drink the five of them made their way to their seats. They went in single file with Blaise first, then Daphne, then Connie, Cyan, with Indie at the tail end and an empty seat beside her.

Just as Indie was leaning down the row to ask Blaise if someone was going to sit next to her Indie got her answer.

"Well well long time no see purple," A deep voice rumbles, causing Indie to look up.

"Fancy seeing you here Dragon, amongst the muggles and all."

Draco shrugs and slides into the open seat, "Connie really likes all this stuff I figured I'd see what all the fuss is about."

"How sweet."

"I do what I can," Draco smirks and Indie chuckles, shaking her head.

Indie leans forward, in order to shut down at Blaise, "Hey since Draco is here did you want to switch seats so you can talk to him?"

"Godric no," Blaise cackles. "Draco's the worst person to sit next to during any sporting match."

"Hey," Draco protests while Indie groans.

"Oh lucky me."

Draco scoffs and adjusts himself, accidently hitting Indie's shin with his foot.

"Merlin Draco," She groans and rubs her shin, "That hurts."

"Sorry."

The two sit in silence as the stadium interrupts into cheers as the players enter the stadium and start to warm up. Indie glances at Draco who has a perplexed look stuck on his face.

"Do you know how football works?" Indie asks.

Draco scoffs, "Yes I know how football works."

"Okay. What's offsides?"