Chapter 9: I Think He Knows

He got my heartbeat
Skipping down 16th Avenue
Got that, oh! I mean
Wanna see what's under that attitude
Like, I want you, bless my soul
And I ain't gotta tell him
I think he knows

~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~

June 16, 2001 

"Thank you so much for doing this," Indie sighs as she stands in the doorway.

"Of course Indie," George smiles, "Anything for you and Cy."

"Uncle Georgie!" Cyan exclaims running out of his room with his back pack and launching himself onto George."

"Hey bud, ready to go?" George asks, standing up, holding Cyan.

Cyan nods and Indie smiles, kissing her nephew on the cheek, "Be good for your uncle."

"I will. Love you Aunt Indie."

"Love you too!" Indie says as she watches the two walk down the hall and out the building.

She doesn't shut the door until they're out of sight but is called back a moment later when a knock comes. Puzzled, she walks cautiously towards the door with her wand drawn, relieved once she glances through the peephole and throws her wand on the chair before opening the door.

"Draco!" She smiles.

"Hi, I didn't know if you were ready yet but I wanted to know if you wanted to go to the event with me?"

"With you?"

"Oh," Draco's eyes go wide, "um like because we live at the same place like we just arrived together... not like together together... unless..."

"Yes Draco," Indie chuckles, "I'll go with you, let me just grab my shoes and purse."

~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~

Draco and Indie were the last of the group to arrive. Daphne and Blaise had waved the two over and the group was able to get in with ease. Fleur and Bill immediately went to the bar, while Ginny pulled hair onto the dance floor. Tori and Ruth headed over to a group of guys talking by the bar in hopes to get a few drinks. Blaise and Daphne went over to the worker by the private room and began discussing something while occasionally waving as a few of their employees filtered.

"Do you want a drink?" Draco yells and Indie shakes her head.

"Not yet. Want to dance?"

Draco nods as Indie walks over to Daphne, handing her her purse before taking Draco's hand, leading him to the dance floor. Indie closes her eyes and lets the music overtake her. Her eyes fly open when she feels hands on her waist, seeing Draco infront of her, holding her, copying her movements. She smirks and places her hands on top of his and Draco quickly tries to withdraw them. Indie nods and turns around so her back is pressing onto Draco's chest and she presses his hands onto her hips, yelling, "Stay."

She can feel Draco breathe a sigh of relief as it hits the back of her neck as she starts moving her hips against his. Indie continues to grind against the blonde man and blushes as Draco's grip on her tightens. She leans back and practically melts as Draco's lips hover over the crock of her neck, his warm breath sending shivers down her spine. Her heart starts to pick up as his nose trails up her next and she can feel his lips millimeters from her own. Before the have a chance to meet Ginny grabs Indie by the waist and pulls her away from Draco, Indie swears she heard him growl.

Ginny smirks innocently and nods towards the private room, "Come one the Zabini's got a private room and bottle service."

"But we were dancing," Draco states.