Story 27 - Differences

Eddie's point of view (summer between 6th and 7th grade):

"Ed, I want you to meet my parents. We've been a couple for so long now, and I know your family, but you don't know mine. I think they should meet you. Then they'll see you're a good man," Venia said softly, sitting down.

I straightened up, and slowly pulled her back to me on the bed, "It's okay. Let me know when you're ready to go, and then we'll visit your parents," I said softly, giving her a kiss on the forehead.

Venia snuggled up to me again, "But they probably won't like you." she said softly, sounding a little ashamed.

"Why?" "Because the Weasley name is very 

among the old pureblood families." "Ah, that's what you mean. Yes, that could be, and if it is, I really don't care. I am who I am, and I am happy with myself and my family." "Don't get me wrong, your family is awesome. But I'm sure my parents don't see it that way. As much as they're into this stupid pureblood shit." "But I'm a pureblood." "Yes, but a blood traitor. An evil, impure blood traitor.", Venia said laughing as she leaned over me and gave me a kiss.

"Oh yes, I am truly evil and impure. Especially impure.", I said softly and pulled her on top of me.

After we shagged again, she sent an owl to her parents.

Then Venia and I prepared for the visit to her parents. Papa helped me find a proper suit, while Venia had a high-necked dark dress in her bag.

At noon of our announced visit, she pinned her hair together. "My parents don't want me to wear my hair down," she said, annoyed. Venia loved her light blonde hair, and usually wore it down. I loved her hair too, although I also thought she looked very pretty with it up.

Venia talked me through the rules of behaviour that her parents expected, and then she apparated us.

The estate was about the same size as my family's estate in Paris, but it had a very different energy. There was a clean, well-kept path to the house, which Venia and I walked hand in hand.

At the front door she let go of my hand, "Ready?" "Ready.", I replied, nodding to her.

Venia walked into a large room, which was probably the dining hall. "Good afternoon, mother. Good afternoon, Father.", Venia said humbly and bowed slightly.

I took off my hat, and bowed as well. I straightened up again, brushed my hair out of my face, walked up to Venia's father, and greeted him, "Mr. Malfoy, it's an honour to meet you," I said as confidently as possible, and bowed again.

I then walked over to Venia's mother, bowing to her as well before taking her hand, suggesting a kiss on the hand, just as Venia had shown me. "Mrs. Malfoy, of course, it's an equally great honour to finally meet you today," I said as charmingly as possible.

Mr Malfoy waved his hand at the chair opposite Venia's. I sat down, and thanked him. Oh, Merlin's beard, this is getting exhausting, I thought to myself.

"So you are Edvin. Venia already raved about you last summer. How come you didn't accompany her to us last winter already?" asked Mr. Malfoy, looking at me piercingly.

"My family travels to Paris every winter for the holidays, sir. Unfortunately, I couldn't stay away from this celebration," I replied, continuing to try and sound as humble as possible. "In Paris? Is your family from Paris?" "Yes, they lived in Paris until three generations ago, after emigrating from England at the end of the 12th century." "What's your family like?" asked Mrs Malfoy, looking at me just as piercingly, and even though she didn't say it so clearly, I knew what she wanted to get at.