Story 33 - Fight

Sammy's point of view (summer between 6th and 7th grade):

I woke up quite late and Tessy was still lying with her head on my chest and still seemed to be asleep as well.

I just enjoyed it and decided to lie still until she woke up. I stroked her chin-length red hair, the smell of which reminded me of the passed, wild night.

After a while, her soft hand moved along my chest to my neck. As she did every morning, half asleep, she stroked my now slightly stubbled chin for a moment with her thumb before lifting her head.

"Good morning, my love," I whispered to her.

She straightened up and gave me a kiss. Together we looked for fresh clothes, put on underwear, and were about to take a shower, but as we left my room, we heard voices coming from the living room. We looked at each other a little irritated. Was it Saturday already?

Actually, we were alone at home, weren't we? Mum, Papa and Dad are at the bakery on weekdays and Fiona was with Auntie Anne and Uncle Ominis, weren't she?

We stopped and listened to who was talking. It was Mum and Nellie. Tessy's expression hardened. She and Nellie had been clashing on and off for the past few years.

"Come on, babe, don't get upset," I said softly, taking her hand, but the look on her face was already screaming for a fight again.

She stopped and listened to the muttering. "Leander is such an asshole. Seriously. He doesn't care about Tessy but thinks he can tell me what I can and can't allow her to do," I heard Nellie say.

Tessy was already about to go downstairs when I pulled her back. I pulled her back into our room and got dressed.

"Let them talk.", I said and went to give her a hug. But when we heard laughter from downstairs, she broke away and ran downstairs.

I was still standing upstairs and was perplexed when she started shouting around.

"You're just pissed off because he didn't lust after you anymore and found someone else!", Tessy shouted just as I reached downstairs.

Mum and I looked at each other in shock, while Nellie's face turned red with anger.

The two of them shouted at each other for a while until Tessy ran upstairs. I ran after her as I heard her packing her things.

"Tessy, stop, you're completely exaggerating. Where are you going anyway?" "To papa's." "Come on, we were supposed to go to Hogsmeade today." " I don't give a shit about that. I'm going to papa's." "Tess, what the fuck did I do wrong to you now?", I asked as she gave me a dark glare.

"Have you defended my father even once in all these situations? Or backed me up?" "Why should I defend him?" "You see! The very fact that you ask that question!" "Huh, what do you actually want?" "I want you to stand behind me and my father. But that's apparently not going to happen, so I'm leaving. Without you. Stay away from me, Sammy."

"Are you going to break up with me now, or what?", I asked, raising an eyebrow. Tessy and I had been a couple for almost seven years. We spent our entire childhood and teenage years together, was she really going to throw all that away just because her dad was a stupid idiot?

Tessy didn't answer. Now I felt a lot of anger rising inside me. "I'm not letting you go. Not until you tell me straight to my face that you don't love me anymore," I said quietly.

She picked up her suitcase, and was about to walk past me, but I stood in her way.

"Samuel, let me pass." "No." "Let me leave!" she shouted as I grabbed her by the wrists and pushed her back into the room.