Chapter 9 - Outpost Blues

Author's Note: This chapter's going to be a bit longer than everything that came before. This is where I want to start playing with the order of events, so the next chapter will focus on Rapi's bond story before we meet a certain CEO.

"Spoken Words" - 'Thinking' - *Sound Effects*

*I do not own Nikke, or any of the related characters. Nikke is created and owned by SHIFT UP Corporation. This story is intended for entertainment purposes only. I am not deriving any financial benefit from this story. All rights of Nikke belong to SHIFT UP Co.*

*I claim no ownership of any images used in this story. All images belong to their respective owners*

_______________________________________________________________

The three of you slogged your way back to the Ark tired and struggling to stay awake. The mission was a clear failure but none of you cared about that at the moment.

Right now the biggest priority was to get Rapi a new body and to get some rest. The fact that you survived is more than enough for you, as the power plant faded into an afterthought.

Heading into the military HQ you mentally prepare yourself to tell Andersen what has happened, and although he kept his stoic expression, his tone made his disappointment very clear.

"Two months of power, do you have any idea what you've just done? You were ordered to investigate the power plant, not to destroy it! Now thanks to you and your Nikkes the Ark has lost on a potentially valuable asset. Do you have anything to say for yourself?" he asked.

"Listen Andersen, that power plant was a lost cause, there was-"

"Silence, you have nothing more to say, you are hereby banished from staying within the government district. For now we're transferring you to the Outpost, it's pretty far from here but that's because it's basically no man's land. No one will be around to help you out there. You should be grateful I'm not throwing you into a rehabilitation center." he scornfully explained.

You tried your best to take everything on the chin, but getting this dressed down was not something you were used to. Despite this there was something else you needed to know.

"What about Rapi?" you meekly ask.

Andersen, surprised that you still had the gall to ask questions, indulged you, "Your Nikke will rejoin you once her repairs are complete, now take these and get out of my sight." he sternly answered before giving you some sort of paper and a key.

Heading outside of his office, you walk in silent disappointment with Anis and Neon by your side "Sorry girls, I really messed this one up for us huh? But hey, at least we got our own place out of it so that's nice right?" you shakily utter.

Your two companions held you close as they tried to comfort you.

"Hey, don't be like that commander! You did absolutely everything you could. In fact I'm willing to bet they purposefully gave you a hard mission to screw you over!" ascertained Anis.

'Tch, I can't believe they would stoop so low. What the hell is their problem?! Don't worry commander, even if the rest of the Ark turns on you I'll always be here for you. No matter what.' she thought.

"Yeah Master, they have no idea what they're talking about! If they were there to see you in action then they would see just how amazing you are!" cheered Neon.

'Master, why do you worry so much about what they think? They don't really care about you, but I do! I'll use my firepower to decimate anyone who gets in your way!' she schemes.