Chapter 39 - Lovely Lonely Cat

Author's Note: Guess who's not dead? I know it's been nearly 2 months since I last updated but with my new schedule and courseload, I've had less time to write lately. But don't worry, I'm not abandoning this story altogether. I'm still very much interested in working on it. I hope this chapter is more than enough to make up for the wait, and I'm happy to announce that the next chapter are going to be something very special which I think you'll all like! Until then, enjoy this one and I'll see you later!

"Spoken Words" - 'Thinking' - *Sound Effects*

*I do not own Nikke, or any of the related characters. Nikke is created and owned by SHIFT UP Corporation. This story is intended for entertainment purposes only. I am not deriving any financial benefit from this story. All rights of Nikke belong to SHIFT UP Co.*

*I claim no ownership of any images used in this story. All images belong to their respective owners*

_______________________________________________________________

A young feline wakes up to the silent ambience of the darkness around her. After a few seconds the pitter patter of falling raindrops start making themselves clear. Feeling rather confused at her current predicament, she attempts to reach out to her owners wherever they might be. 

*Meow* 

*Meow* 

*Slap!* 

Her pleas are only met with a firm slap, jittering the space around her. 

"Just shut up, will you?!" A young woman orders. Unbeknownst to the feline, her current owners wouldn't be around for very long. Walking through the decrepit alleys, a young woman and her boyfriend scope around for a place to dispose of their box with very peculiar contents. 

"Why do I have to do this in order to shut you up? Honestly, cats are sooo much more annoying than I thought they'd be!" the young woman snaps, leaving her pet speechless. 

"Tell me about it. I swear this damn thing is always up to no good! First she keeps waking us up at god knows when, then she keeps breaking all of my stuff!" the boyfriend complains. 

"Don't even get me started on how expensive she is! If I had known all of this, I'd have never gotten it in the first place. Honesty she was tolerable when she was still a cute little kitten, but now she's grown up and fugly as hell!" the woman moans. 

"Let's just toss her and be done with it. Good riddance to bad rubbish!" the boyfriend suggests. 

*Meow* 

*Meow* 

The feline once again tries to appeal to her owners in an attempt to get a grasp on the situation. Unfortunately for her, her cries would once again fall on deaf ears. 

"Wait, what if someone notices we abandoned her?" the woman raises. 

"Psssh, not gonna happen! From the way I see things, she's just any other stray cat now. No one's going to help her even if she's found here." the boyfriend reassures.

"I guess you're right. At least right now I can officially say that my life is going to be cat free!" the woman declares before setting the rain-drenched box on the ground. She opens the box one last time, to face her 'pet' once more before turning the other way. 

"Aw, don't worry Ruru. I'm sure someone will find you cute enough to take you! Just sit tight and wait here for them, okay?" the woman asks. 

*Meow?* 

Ruru looks up at her owner confused, only to be graced with one more headpat as they head further into the alley. 

*Meow!*