Chapter 27 - Origin Triangulation

Author's Note: Another slow chapter, I know, but I wanted to save the joint operation that starts in chapter 10 for a nice, hefty chapter for you all. Figured I could stretch things here a bit to introduce some more key characters and concepts in the meantime.

"Spoken Words" - 'Thinking' - *Sound Effects*

*I do not own Nikke, or any of the related characters. Nikke is created and owned by SHIFT UP Corporation. This story is intended for entertainment purposes only. I am not deriving any financial benefit from this story. All rights of Nikke belong to SHIFT UP Co.*

*I claim no ownership of any images used in this story. All images belong to their respective owners*

_______________________________________________________________

After clearing the bridge you see a group of people walking ahead in the far distance. You instinctively begin to wave at them to signal your location and they immediately pick up on your sign and start to run in your general direction. A few seconds later and you start to make out the Counters Squad alongside two other unfamiliar individuals clad in brown tactical gear.

"Hey guys-"

*GLOMP!*

Before you can even say anything your squad all rush to tackle you in for a swift hug.

"Commander, you're safe! I'm so glad we were able to find you in time!" Rapi gushes.

"We were so worried when we saw you fly off the bridge we didn't know what to do! When we went down to check under there you were gone!" Anis notes.

"Master, I knew you could survive anything with your tremendous firepower! I never gave up on finding you, never!" Neon proclaims.

"Haha, I have no doubts about that, Neon. Thank you so much for coming back for me guys, that means a lot. I know for a fact that I won't be missing this place anytime soon.

"Commander, have you been hurt or injured in any way? Please let us know so we can begin immediate emergency treatment!" Rapi hastily questions.

"Woah, calm down there! I suffered a few minor scrapes and bruises here and there but that's to be expected when evading raptures, haha!" you try to reassure her.

"Then we have to get you treated right away!" Anis declares as she tries to pull you with overwhelming strength.

"Hey, don't pull so hard! Seriously guys, I'm relatively okay because I was able to get some help while I was up here." you communicate.

"Help?" Your Nikkes all stop in their tracks as they try and piece together what you could possibly mean.

"Believe it or not but I encountered another Pilgrim and they were willing to take me under their wing this whole time." you admit, much to everyone's shock.

"!"

"Commander, are you really sure that you saw another one?" Rapi asks in complete disbelief.

"Yep, she went by the name Harran. She saved me when I fell off that bridge and agreed to guide me back to the Ark if I helped her with something." you expand.

"That being?" everyone nudges.

"She wanted me to collect some things for her and it turned out to be a little harder than I expected. Kinda thought I was going to die at some point but she was there for me!" you casually brush off.

"!"

Your squad's eyes all widen in horror as they start to adorn a much darker and more furious expression, "Commander, what did this woman force you through?!" all three Counters members interrogate.