Chapter 36 - Raise & Rebuild

Author's Note: It's time for Liter and Centi to join the harem! Anyway this chapter was quite a doozy, so I think I might need a break before I can even start the next one. That's about it from me. Enjoy the chapter and I'll see you all next time!

"Spoken Words" - 'Thinking' - *Sound Effects*

*I do not own Nikke, or any of the related characters. Nikke is created and owned by SHIFT UP Corporation. This story is intended for entertainment purposes only. I am not deriving any financial benefit from this story. All rights of Nikke belong to SHIFT UP Co.*

*I claim no ownership of any images used in this story. All images belong to their respective owners*

_______________________________________________________________

"And that takes care of that!" 

You decompress on your chair after finally completing the last stretch of paperwork required to officially complete Guilty's transfer over to the Outpost. Setting the pile aside to be mailed later, you start to think about what else to do for the rest of the afternoon. 

'Can't believe I actually managed to get some free time for myself. I guess it wouldn't hurt to do some advising if anyone is down for it.' 

Opening up your computer, you send an update letting everyone know that you were available for advising- 

*Ding!* 

-only to receive an acceptance instantly. You open the notification expecting it to be from one of the Counters, Infinity Rail, Wardress, or Seraphim since they always enjoyed spending time with you. To your surprise, however, the person to call dibs was Centi. 

"Centi? Well, that's a surprise. Let's see what she wants to talk about!" You let Centi know that you're available and soon enough, she shows up in front of your door in no time. 

*Whir* 

"Hey Boss!" the tall Nikke eagerly greets. 

"Hey, good to see you! I wasn't expecting for you to be so eager to see me. Normally one of my other Nikkes would have beaten you to the draw. Anyway, what can I help you with?" Centi flashes a bright smile as she explains why she was so eager to see you. 

"I wanted to know if you could help me become a world-class architect!" Centi requests. 

'Huh?' 

"Uh, Centi, I don't know the first thing about architecture. Besides, you already seemed pretty well versed in this field. I can't imagine why you wouldn't consider yourself to be a world-class architect right now." 

Centi gives off a faint blush as she continues, "Gosh, it's nice that you think that about me, Boss! But to clear things up, I'm technically still Liter's apprentice. So there's still quite a long way for me to go before I can become the best!" Centi clarifies. 

"Oh, so that's what you meant. Still, I don't exactly understand why you came to me for this. Why not ask Liter? Isn't she already your mentor?" 

"That's a good point, but there's a reason why I wanted to consult you instead!" Centi chirps. 

"That being?" 

"I hear that you possess a mysterious power. From what I understand, you have a knack at helping Nikkes reach their full potential, so I was wondering if you could lend me some of that magic!" Centi elaborates. 

"Mysterious power? Who told you anything about that?" 

"One of your Nikkes, of course! I forgot her name, but I think it was the one with the red glasses that likes shouting about firepower?" Centi answers.