Chapter 24 - The Devil In You [CW]

Author's Note: And with Mary out of the way, this little month long vacation finally comes to a close! We're going to pick up in the main story right after that point and finally start to interact with some new Nikkes later down the line. Note that I'm going on a long trip soon, so I won't be able to work on the next chapter until after July 20th, so expect a longer gap than usual. Like with previous bond stories I tried to stay pretty close to the original while sprinkling in my own unique elements here and there, so don't expect a one to one retelling, as usual. With that out of the way, enjoy the chapter!  

CONTENT/TRIGGER WARNING: THIS CHAPTER IS EASILY THE MOST GRAPHIC TO DATE DUE TO THE CONTENT IN THE ORIGINAL STORY. THIS CHAPTER WILL CONTAIN SEVERAL THEMES BASED AROUND VIOLENCE, SUICIDE, AND DEATH. IF YOU ARE NOT COMFORTABLE WITH THOSE THEMES I HIGHLY ADVISE AGAINST READING THIS CHAPTER. READER DISCRETION IS HIGHLY ADVISED!

"Spoken Words" - 'Thinking' - *Sound Effects*

*I do not own Nikke, or any of the related characters. Nikke is created and owned by SHIFT UP Corporation. This story is intended for entertainment purposes only. I am not deriving any financial benefit from this story. All rights of Nikke belong to SHIFT UP Co.*

*I claim no ownership of any images used in this story. All images belong to their respective owners*

_______________________________________________________________

'What the... Where am I?' you wonder as you find yourself in an empty corridor in the dead of night. There's barely any sound echoing through the dead passageways as you try to find your way around. 

'Weird, this kinda looks like a hospital or clinic of some sort.' You note as you see miscellaneous medical equipment strewn about the halls. Strangely, there doesn't appear to be a trace of any patients or medical staff, and none of the wards can be entered. 

'This place is giving me the creeps, why the hell am I even here?' you worry, fearing that you might see something terrible. As you continue looking for a way out, you start to hear something out of the emptiness. 

"I used to trust... I've always trusted you!" an enraged distorted voice rings from beyond. 

"!" 

Immediately you were both relieved and terrified that other people were there with you, and going with your gut feeling you decided to follow in the direction of sound. Rounding a corner, that's when you see, something... 

In the darkness, you see what appear to be two shadowy figures close to each other next to a long stairway, both were completely unrecognizable as no discernable features could be made other than their height. 

The taller figure ups their hands up defensively as they get hammered by the shorter figure, "You hypocrite!" the short form screams before hastily pushing the taller person down the stairs by the shoulders, their hands trembling in anger. 

*SHOVE!* The taller figure doesn't even make a sound as their body flings through the air, unable to react at all to break their fall. 

Then then- 

*CRUNCH!* 

*SNAP!* 

*SPLATTER!* 

Impact. Their body hits the base of the stairs as the sound of broken bones echo through the air, while their blood coats the white walls with streaks of red. More blood begins to ooze out of the body into a neat little pool as they slowly become lifeless. 

'W-what the hell?!' you try and scream, but no words can leave your mouth despite the horror you just witnessed. You turn to see the shorter figure take a step back, taking in the gravity of what they've just done.