Chapter 6 - Tried & Tested

"Spoken Words" - 'Thinking' - *Sound Effects*

*I do not own Nikke, or any of the related characters. Nikke is created and owned by SHIFT UP Corporation. This story is intended for entertainment purposes only. I am not deriving any financial benefit from this story. All rights of Nikke belong to SHIFT UP Co.*

*I claim no ownership of any images used in this story. All images belong to their respective owners*

_______________________________________________________________

Entering the spare sector your group prepares for battle. In an instant several virtual raptures emerge out of thin air and begin opening fire, like Ingrid said their strength is on par with the ones you encountered on the surface earlier.

Naturally this meant they weren't too much of a threat, many of their shooting patterns were easy to track and your Nikkes had no trouble returning fire and avoiding damage.

Everything seemed to be going swimmingly, until a significantly larger rapture made itself known to your group.

"Commander, a Lord class rapture has appeared, it's much weaker than tyrant class raptures but they still shouldn't be underestimated! They coordinate many of the lower tier raptures beneath them, if we can take it out, it'll stop funneling orders...

"Commander, a Lord class rapture has appeared, it's much weaker than tyrant class raptures but they still shouldn't be underestimated! They coordinate many of the lower tier raptures beneath them, if we can take it out, it'll stop funneling orders to its allies!" announced Rapi.

Upon hearing that, you immediately sprang forward with a new battle strategy, "Got it, both of you focus your fire directly on that lord class, forget about the small fry for now!" you ordered.

Rapi and Anis began to redirect their fire into the core of the lord class, elsewhere, Ingrid observes your performance with a disappointing grunt as she thought to herself.

'What are they doing? Surely they should've remembered that the best way to dispatch a lord class rapture is to isolate it from its underlings, since its primary strength is in directing smaller units with their intellect. Once it's alone, it won't have anyone to rely on but itself, and many lords aren't exactly the threat their appearance would lead on.' Ingrid observes.

Ingrid began to think about where the battle could go from here, 'Even though that lord is taking the brunt of damage, it could still last long enough to plan a counterattack with the other raptures.' she notes.

Soon Ingrid's theory started to unravel into reality, as the lord rapture decided to stop. It then began to shake with increasing intensity. At the same time many of the lower class raptures ceased fire as if they were waiting for some sort of signal, something that was not lost on you.

"Everyone duck and cover! The enemy is about to launch a series of consecutive attacks!" you yell, and soon enough it happened.

One by one a concentrated storm of bullets, bombs, and electric zaps all unleash at once, followed by a large laser emanating from the lord class rapture directly at your squad.